Top Ten Tuesday – Books I Recommend to Others the Most

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.  Top Ten Tuesday has been one of my favorite memes ever since I started blogging, so huge thanks to Jana for taking over the hosting duties!

This week’s TTT topic is Books I Recommend to Others the Most. That’s a fun topic since I definitely have favorites in each of my most read genres that I regularly recommend to others in the genres of historical fiction, romance, science fiction, thrillers, and fantasy.  There are way more than 10 that I recommend, but the ones I’m sharing today all resonated with me for various reasons and I always hope they’ll also resonate with those I recommend them to.

* * * * *

Books I Recommend to Others the Most

Have you read any of these?

23 replies
  1. Sam@WLABB
    Sam@WLABB says:

The Nightingale keeps popping up, and even as a non-historical reader, I have to say, it was an amazing book. I love all of Jimenez’s and Center’s books too.

2. Carla
    Carla says:

Great list, Suzanne. I have read 6 of these. Interesting that you included two Andy Weir books, yet I have not read any. I will have to give him a try.

3. Rebecca
    Rebecca says:

I read The Martian and really like it, then I read Project Hail Mary 🤯. Project Hail Mary is now the book I recommend most to anyone just looking for something different to read: scifi mixed with what it means to be human.
    Rebecca recently posted…TOP 10 TUESDAY: Most Recommended

4. Susan (Bloggin' 'bout Books)
    Susan (Bloggin' 'bout Books) says:

Great list! I’ve read six of these and enjoyed most of them. PROJECT HAIL MARY is a great choice, especially for people who aren’t hardcore science fiction fans, like me. I DNF’d THE MARTIAN because it was just too dense with science-y details, but I found PROJECT HAIL MARY much more approachable. My eyes still glazed over when it got too math-y or science-y. On the whole, though, I surprised myself by really enjoying it.

Happy TTT!

Susan
    Susan (Bloggin’ ’bout Books) recently posted…Top Ten Random Reading Recs From Goodreads

5. Jo
    Jo says:

I’ve only read The Night Circus and it wasn’t really for me, I’m not a big fan of super descriptive books anyway so I was probably already on the back foot there and I found that there wasn’t really enough of a plot for me to get into. The actual circus itself though was a really brilliant setting and I did love that. I’ve got a couple of the others on my TBR: The Book of Lost Names and The Nightingale.
    Jo recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday #419

6. Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads
    Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads says:

The House in the Cerulean Sea is one of my go-to recommendations too! I also really enjoyed The Martian and The Night Circus. Project Hail Mary is still on my TBR, but I’ve heard great things 🙂

Comments are closed.