Top Ten Tuesday – Books on my Spring 2023 To-Read List
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Top Ten Tuesday has been one of my favorite memes ever since I started blogging, so huge thanks to Jana for taking over the hosting duties!
This week’s TTT topic is Books on My Spring 2023 To-Read List. I always enjoy this topic because I’m curious to see what my fellow book lovers are planning to read next. I am still on my quest to read more of the books I already own, so today I’m sharing a mix of ARCs and books from my own shelves that I’m hoping to read this spring. (Quotes are taken from Goodreads).
Books on My Spring 2023 TBR
1. YOURS TRULY by Abby Jimenez – “A novel of terrible first impressions, hilarious second chances, and the joy in finding your perfect match.”
2. THE PARIS DAUGHTER by Kristin Harmel – “From the bestselling author of The Book of Lost Names comes a gripping historical novel about two mothers who must make unthinkable choices in the face of the Nazi occupation.”
3. THE TRUE LOVE EXPERIMENT by Christina Lauren – “Sparks fly when a romance novelist and a documentary filmmaker join forces to craft the perfect Hollywood love story and take both of their careers to the next level—but only if they can keep the chemistry between them from taking the whole thing off script.”
4. THE GOLDEN DOVES by Martha Hall Kelly – “Two former female spies, bound together by their past, risk everything to hunt down an infamous Nazi doctor in the aftermath of World War II—an extraordinary novel inspired by true events from the New York Times bestselling author of Lilac Girls.”
5. LOVE, THEORETICALLY by Ali Hazelwood – “Rival physicists collide in a vortex of academic feuds and fake dating shenanigans in this delightfully STEMinist romcom from the New York Times bestselling author of The Love Hypothesis and Love on the Brain.”
6. THE UNDERTAKING OF HART AND MERCY by Megan Bannen – “Hart is a marshal, tasked with patrolling the strange and magical wilds of Tanria. It’s an unforgiving job, and Hart’s got nothing but time to ponder his loneliness. Mercy never has a moment to herself. She’s been single-handedly keeping Birdsall & Son Undertakers afloat in defiance of sullen jerks like Hart, who seems to have a gift for showing up right when her patience is thinnest. After yet another exasperating run-in with Mercy, Hart finds himself penning a letter addressed simply to “A Friend”. Much to his surprise, an anonymous letter comes back in return, and a tentative friendship is born. If only Hart knew he’s been baring his soul to the person who infuriates him most – Mercy. As the dangers from Tanria grow closer, so do the unlikely correspondents. But can their blossoming romance survive the fated discovery that their pen pals are their worst nightmares – each other?”
7. HAPPY PLACE by Emily Henry – “A couple who broke up months ago make a pact to pretend to still be together for their annual weeklong vacation with their best friends in this glittering and wise new novel from #1 New York Times bestselling author Emily Henry.“
8. THE HOUSEMAID by Freida McFadden – “An unbelievably twisty read that will have you glued to the pages late into the night. Anyone who loves The Woman in the Window, The Wife Between Us and The Girl on the Train won’t be able to put this down!”
9. BEFORE I LET GO by Kennedy Ryan – “Award-winning and bestselling “powerhouse” author Kennedy Ryan is at her absolute best in this compelling, scorching novel about hope and healing, and what it truly means to love for a lifetime (USA Today).“
10. MAAME by Jessica George – “Smart, funny, and deeply affecting, Jessica George’s Maame deals with the themes of our time with humor and poignancy: from familial duty and racism, to female pleasure, the complexity of love, and the life-saving power of friendship. Most important, it explores what it feels like to be torn between two homes and cultures―and it celebrates finally being able to find where you belong.”
* * * * * *
Definitely planning to read Happy Place and The True Love Experiment! I’ll also read Love, Theoretically eventually but I still haven’t read Love on the Brain so it may be a bit!
Amanda Kay Oaks-Christman recently posted…Top 5 Tuesday: Books with Numbers in the Title
I’m so looking forward to a new Abby Jimenez book, and I need to catch up on Emily Henry’s books!
I am really excited for Happy Place; it sounds good! I still need to read something by Jimenez.
ShootingStarsMag recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday: Books on My Spring 2023 To-Read List
I’ve read Hart and Mercy, and it was a lot of fun. I’m very curious about Maame, it seems to be getting a lot of buzz. Awesome list!
Tammy @ Books, Bones & Buffy recently posted…THE GIRL FROM RAWBLOOD by Catriona Ward – Review
You cannot lose💜
Jonetta | Blue Mood Café recently posted…Brides of Lowcountry: Touched by Fate & A Lowcountry Bride by Preslaysa Williams @preslaysawrites #CarmenJewelJones @HarperAudio @librofm
Before I Let Go sounds good.
My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-on-my-spring-2023-to-read-list/
I’ve been eyeballing The Housemaid for a while now. Probably should pick it up!
Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thanks!
Cholla recently posted…From Under a Rock by Tam MacPhee
I’ll be reading the Lauren, Hazelwood and Henry books. I bought the Housemaid so eventually I will read it also
Anne – Books of My Heart recently posted…🎧 I Will Find You by Harlan Coben @HarlanCoben @GrandCentralPub #StevenWeber #BrillianceAudio #LoveAudiobooks
I’m also excited for Truly Yours. It made my list today, too. You’re going to love Hazelwood’s and Bannen’s books.
Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday: Books on My Spring 2023 TBR
The Golden Doves sounds excellent.
The Housemaid is one I’ve been eyeing for some time. I’ve heard great things.
If you want to see what’s on my spring TBR, here’s my TTT
Maame was my favorite read of January! And I have Happy Place on my TBR, though I’m unsure when I’ll get to read it. I hope you enjoy all of these when you have time to read them.
Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
Pam @ Read! Bake! Create! recently posted…Spring 2023 TBR: Ten Books I Hope to Read
Great list! The Undertaking of Hart and Mercy was one of my favorite reads of 2022, so I hope you’ll love it too! And The True Love Experiment, Love Theoretically and Happy Place are all on my Spring TBR too. Hope you’ll love all of these!
I would love to read Ali’s book but I’ll have to wait for June as I’ve been denied the ARC!
Sophie recently posted…Icebreaker by Hannah Grace
I already have library holds in for Henry and Jimenez’s books. Those are must reads for me. I hope to get my hands on the CLo too. I have a copy of Hazelwood’s book, so I will definitely be reading that. I am excited for you to read Hart & Mercy. It was so good.
aww, will be a romantic spring and I love it, I’m so excited for the new releases
Oooh! This looks like a cute list!
Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday #93: Top 10 Books on my Spring 2023 To-Read List (or I NEED TO READ THESE BOOKS NOW)!
Great list Suzanne. I have 6 of these on my Spring TBR, I hope we both them.
Great list! I want to read several of these as well. I hope you enjoy your Spring reads.
Susan (Bloggin’ ’bout Books) recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday: Spring Has Sprung On Mt. TBR (2023 Edition)
The Golden Doves and The Paris Daughter are both ones that are on my TBR, but not ones I’m thinking I’ll get to this spring.
Jo recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday #411
The True Love Experiment, Happy Place and Love Theoretically are all on my list. Hope we both love them!
Rachel @Waves of Fiction recently posted…Review: Vera Wong’s Unsolicited Advice for Murderers by Jesse Q. Sutanto