Top Ten Tuesday – My Current Top Ten Fictional Crushes
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Top Ten Tuesday has been one of my favorite memes ever since I started blogging, so huge thanks to Jana for taking over the hosting duties!
This week’s TTT topic is Fictional Crushes. My list is pretty much ever-changing, depending on what I’m reading, but I do have a couple of crushes that seem to always make my list. Here’s my list, as of today:
My Current Top Ten Fictional Crushes
1. VERY SINCERELY YOURS by Kerry Winfrey – Everett St. James, the man who has a children’s show. He’s kind and respectful to all of the kids and he’s also very easy on the eyes. Who can resist a sexy Mr. Rogers type?
2. A COURT OF MIST AND FURY by Sarah J. Maas – Rhysand, High Lord of the Night Court, and by far, the sexiest character from the entire series. He has been on my list for almost 5 years now, haha!
3. SIX OF CROWS by Leigh Bardugo – Matthias. At first, I absolutely hated him but by the end, he was one of my favorites. I don’t know if it was that fierce hate-to-love chemistry between him and Nina or what, but I found him pretty irresistible and cried when we lost him.
4. MUCH ADO ABOUT YOU by Samantha Young – Roane Robson, the charismatic and sexy farmer who sweeps the main character Evie off her feet even though she tries her hardest to ignore his flirting. He’s not a player though and is heart-set on finding that special someone to share his life with. Roane is kind, soft, and total book boyfriend material.
5. ACT YOUR AGE, EVE BROWN by Talia Hibbert – Jacob Wayne, the sexy owner of a B&B. He’s a total grump but I crushed on him anyway, lol.
6. PRIDE AND PREJUDICE by Jane Austen – Mr. Darcy has had my heart ever since I first read this book in high school and he’s still hanging tough on my list.
7. THE SOULMATE EQUATION by Christina Lauren – Dr. River Pena, a sexy scientist, who is also adorably shy and awkward. So good with kids though. Loved him!
8. WAIT FOR IT by Jenn McKinlay – Nick Daire, the sexy landlord from this story who initially comes across as an obnoxious “Get off my lawn!” kind of guy, but who turns about to be quite the softie. I hated him at the beginning but had major heart eyes for him by the end.
9. ISN’T IT BROMANTIC? by Lyssa Kay Adams – If you had asked me early on in this series if I would ever crush on Vlad the Russian, I would have laughed in your face, lol. In the early books, he’s quite literally the butt of all of his bro’s fart jokes. However, once we finally got to know him better in the most recent book, I crushed on him hard because he is pretty much the biggest romantic on the planet.
10. A COURT OF SILVER FLAMES by Sarah J. Maas – Cassian, the battle-scarred warrior, has typically taken a back seat to Rhys when it comes to my fictional crushes, but his sexiness and passion really came shining through in this novel as he grew close to Nesta. He went from pretty okay to positively swoonworthy for me in this book.
* * * * * *
Dr. River Pena was a pretty great character – I love how he appeared to be one way at first, and that turned out to be pretty inaccurate. He was actually a really sensitive guy!
Angela recently posted…Battle of the Book Covers #6
I loved that too. It was almost like peeling an onion with him. So many layers.
I don’t think I have met any of your crushes other than Mr. Darcy (I think).
When you get the chance, I hope you can stop by my post and check it out: https://readbakecreate.com/characters-i-would-love-to-have-a-drink-with/
Pam @ Read! Bake! Create! recently posted…Characters I Would Love to Have a Drink With
Darcy’s pretty legendary. I think he has been on almost every list I’ve seen this week, lol.
Who could resist Darcy? That heady mix of attractive and haughty?
Deb Nance at Readerbuzz recently posted…Best Books Set in Cafés
Right? And I’ve seen him on a lot of lists this week so I think many agree with you. 🙂
I don’t really get fictional crushes (or maybe I’m just not reading the right books!) But I could see myself crushing on the characters from the Bromance Book Club series😁
Tammy @ Books, Bones & Buffy recently posted…What’s On My Plate – September 2021
It really is pretty easy to crush on those guys, especially just because they all try so hard to be good guys when it comes to the women they love. It’s just really sweet.
Yes to Rhysand and Cassian!!! I love them both so much. SO excited for Azriel’s book.
Genesis @ Whispering Chapters
OMG, me too!
What a great topic! I immediately had five rush into my head😏
Jonetta (Ejaygirl) | Blue Mood Café recently posted…Ignite on Contact by Jaci Burton @jaciburton @tantoraudio
Right? I probably could have easily listed another 10, lol.
High five! We had a little overlap with Everett and Vlad. How could I not include those two? I always feature more recent reads, but Rhys is like book boyfriend gold.
Sam@WLABB recently posted…#AmReading YA
He really is. I thought about only going with recent reads but just couldn’t leave him out since he’s such a perennial favorite of mine, even in the most recent book where he’s really more of a background character.
Rhysand has been on so many lists this week!
Lydia recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday: Quotes About Crushes
He is definitely a popular guy. 😉
SQUEALING cos I cannot wait to read the Russian’s book 😍 Even after just reading the first book and meeting him briefly there I’ve been wanting his story so I can’t wait to finally read it. The same goes for meeting Dr. Pena and Jacob Wayne! Fab list ❤️
Dini @ dinipandareads recently posted…#TopTenTuesday: New Fictional Favourites
I hope you love the Russian’s book!
I have Wait For It out from the library, and now I might have to start it today.
My list— https://fiftytwo.blog/2021/08/31/ttt-fictional-crushes/
Lori Piper recently posted…TTT: Fictional Crushes
I hope you enjoy it! 🙂
Steph@paigesofbooks recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday-Book characters I want to be friends with
Rhysand is on my list too. Glad we have another thing in common *smile*
Vi @Inkvotary recently posted…Top Ten Book Boyfriends
I saw him on so many lists this week. We all have great taste. 🙂
I loved Roane from Much Ado About You, too! 😀
Lark recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday…
Right? Very swoonworthy and I also adored his massive dog, lol.
I just finished The Soulmate Equation, and River absolutely stole my heart! Mr Darcy also made my TTT this week. Great list 🙂
Glad I’m not the only one crushing on River. 🙂
I imagine Mr. Darcy made a lot of lists 🙂 I am not really a fictional crush type person so I tweaked the topic this week.
Cindy Davis recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday-Summer Goals updated
Yes, I’ve seen Darcy almost everywhere I’ve gone so far, lol.
Matthias was definitely a grower, though he’s always been my least favourite of the six. I’m more of a Jesper fan 🙂
Jo recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday #331
I almost put Jesper on my list too. Love him!
I need to read some Austen! I love the Sense and sensibility adaptation with Emma Thompson, I loved the more recent Keira Knightley P&P, but I never seem to read the books. I’d love the historical vibe and the estates I think lol.
Jenn McKinlay is an author I’ve wanted to read for a while, her mysteries have caught my eye now and again…
Greg recently posted…Uncanny X-Men 158
I’ve been wanting to try some of Jenn McKinlay’s mysteries too. So far I’ve only read her romances but I love her writing and characters.
Other than P&P, I haven’t read any of these. Gotta love that Mr. Darcy!
Susan (Bloggin’ ’bout Books) recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday: The Best Novels I’ve Read So Far This Year
Definitely! And apparently a lot of people agree because I’ve seen him everywhere this week, lol.
This TTT has led to such sweet lists this week!
It really has. 🙂
Big yes to Rhysand! Someone commented on my post yesterday that she didn’t understand the appeal of Rhysand and I think my jaw dropped. LOL I mean… it’s Rhysand! I have yet to read A Court of Silver Flames so I haven’t experienced the spotlight truly being on Cassian yet. But I am so ready! 🙂
Tanya @ Girl Plus Books recently posted…WWW Wednesday #106 | September 1, 2021
Wow, I can’t even relate to not seeing the appeal of Rhysand. Oh yay, can’t wait to see what you think of ACOSF. I went into that one with really low expectations because of Nesta but she really won me over.
Matthias!!!!!!!!! And Leigh crushed my heart :-((((
Sophie recently posted…Mary Jane by Jessica Anya Blau Huge crush! #2021AudiobookChallenge
I know, right? Mine too. 🙁
I’ve read half of these and definitely agree with them. The other half are still on my TBR.
Alison @ Ali’s Books recently posted…August Wrap-Up
Hope you enjoy the ones that are still on your TBR. 🙂
Rhysand is my all time favorite bookish crush!
Esther @Bite recently posted…July/August Wrap up – Book Haul & What to Expect Next Month
I love the boys from ACOTAR! Cassian made my list, he was amazing in Silver Flames!
Here’s my TTT
Katie @ In Between Spines recently posted…All the Light We Cannot See, Anthony Doerr
He really was. Totally swoonworthy!