Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Top Ten Tuesday has been one of my favorite memes ever since I started blogging, so huge thanks to Jana for taking over the hosting duties!
This week’s TTT topic is My Favorite Places to Read. I feel like I’ve done this topic before but couldn’t find a post anywhere. Maybe I just like to think about all of the places I like to read a lot. Anyway, whatever the reason, I’m doing the topic as is and sharing my favorite reading spots.
My Favorite Places to Read
1. Library/Home Office – This is my favorite room in my house. It has lots of natural light and a big comfy chair, perfect for reading. This is my absolute favorite spot to read in.
2. Bed – I have trouble sleeping at night so I always look to a book to help me relax, wind down, and fall asleep. Apparently I’m all about being cozy because I love to pile on the blankets, a big fluffy comforter, and lots of pillows when I read in bed.
3. Lunch – I don’t really have a specific location tied to this one, but wherever I sit down to eat lunch, especially during the work week, I love to have a book with me. Having that time to read in the middle of the day is just as important to me as stopping to actually eat.
4. Public Transportation – Whether it’s a plane, train, subway, or even just riding in the car (or even driving if I have an audiobook), reading is my favorite way to pass this otherwise dead time.
5. Waiting Rooms – Same as above honestly. It’s a great way to pass the time while you’re stuck somewhere, and it also helps if I’m feeling anxious about whoever I’m meeting with.
6. Beach or Pool – I actually get bored and want to leave if I go to the beach or pool and don’t have anything to read.
7. Outside on my Deck – Certain times of the year are better than others for this, but when the weather is comfortable, I love to sit outside on the deck and read. I live in a really quiet neighborhood so it’s very peaceful and relaxing, with just the sounds of birds chirping in the background.
8. Kitchen – This probably sounds like a weird choice, but the kitchen has become one of the main places where I listen to audiobooks. I love to listen to them while I’m cooking, cleaning, doing dishes, etc.
9. Laundry Room – Along similar lines, I listen to a lot of audiobooks while doing chores related to laundry – sorting, folding, ironing, etc. It’s such a lovely way to make a tedious chore so much more enjoyable.
10. Vacation – Lastly, wherever I happen to be traveling on vacation is automatically a favorite place to read. The exact location doesn’t matter because for me, half of the point of vacation is so that I can read more, lol.
* * * * * *