Top Ten Tuesday – My Most Anticipated Releases of the Second Half of 2021
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Top Ten Tuesday has been one of my favorite memes ever since I started blogging, so huge thanks to Jana for taking over the hosting duties!
This week’s TTT topic is Most Anticipated Releases of the Second Half of 2021. This is always an easy topic just because, of course, there are always so many books that I’m excited to get my hands on. I don’t have ARCs for most of these so I’ll be waiting to read them when they’re actually out in the world, but I fully expect several of these to make my best of 2021 list. 🙂
My Most Anticipated Releases of the Second Half of 2021
1. HEARD IT IN A LOVE SONG by Tracey Garvis Graves – “From the bestselling author of The Girl He Used to Know comes a love song of a story about starting over and second chances.”
2. ISN’T IT BROMANTIC? by Lyssa Kay Adams – I adore this series and I’m so excited that we’re finally getting a book with the Russian, who is my favorite character from the series.
3. THE LOVE HYPOTHESIS by Ali Hazelwood – “When a fake relationship between scientists meets the irresistible force of attraction, it throws one woman’s carefully calculated theories on love into chaos.”
4. THE BOOK OF MAGIC by Alice Hoffman – Alice Hoffman is one of my favorite authors so her books will always make my most anticipated lists, especially if it’s a new book in my favorites series. 🙂
5. THE HEART PRINCIPLE by Helen Hoang – This is another favorite series of mine and this time around we’re getting a book about Quan, who is a favorite character from earlier books.
6. ONCE UPON A BROKEN HEART by Stephanie Garber – This is obviously a trend with my list but here is yet another new book that features a beloved character from a previous series, this time it’s Jacks from Caraval.
7. WAIT FOR IT by Jenn McKinlay – “A woman looking for a new lease on life moves to Arizona where she rents a guest house on a gorgeous property with a mysterious owner–a man who teaches her about resilience, courage, and ultimately true love, in this funny, bighearted novel about hope and healing from New York Times bestselling author Jenn McKinlay.”
8. THE EX HEX by Erin Sterling – “New York Times bestselling author Rachel Hawkins, writing as Erin Sterling, casts a spell with a spine-tingling romance full of wishes, witches, and hexes gone wrong.” I read somewhere that this is like Hocus Pocus but with sex, which sounds pretty irresistible to me.
9. FERAL CREATURES by Kira Jane Buxton – “In this stunning follow-up to Hollow Kingdom, the animal kingdom’s “favorite apocalyptic hero”is back with a renewed sense of hope for humanity, ready to take on a world ravaged by a viral pandemic.” Hollow Kingdom turned out to be such a gem of a book that I can’t wait to revisit this world and see what S.T. is up to.
10. SURVIVE THE NIGHT by Riley Sager – “It’s November 1991. George H. W. Bush is in the White House, Nirvana’s in the tape deck, and movie-obsessed college student Charlie Jordan is in a car with a man who might be a serial killer…” I’ve had really good luck with Sager’s thrillers so far, so I’m pretty excited to get my hands on a copy of his latest.
* * * * * *
Great list! One of these days I really need to start reading Alice Hoffman’s work. I love the film of Practical Magic and still haven’t read the book!
Jess @ Jessticulates recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday | Even more anticipated 2021 releases!
She’s such a great storyteller. I’ve loved everything I’ve read by her so far.
I can’t wait for Isn’t It Bromantic… we need the Russian’s story!
Yes we do! 🙂
I love the cover for The Ex Hex.
Lydia recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated Books of the Second Half of 2021
Me too! Reminds me of the old Bewitched TV series.
I am ridiculously excited for Feral Creatures! And it’s not that far away, happily 😁
Tammy @ Books, Bones & Buffy recently posted…Most Anticipated Books of 2021 – Third Quarter
I have The Love Hypothesis and can’t wait to start it! I’m also looking forward to The Ex Hex and Survive the Night.
Genesis @ Whispering Chapters
Genesis @ Whispering Chapters recently posted…Lessons in Sin by Pam Godwin: A Priest Taboo Romance
I can’t wait to read The Love Hypothesis. It sounds so good!
I’m also very excited for Once Upon a Broken Heart! The Ex Hex sounds pretty good too!
Missy recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated Releases of the Second Half of 2021
I’ve heard great things about Once Upon a Broken Heart so hopefully it will be a great read for us both. 🙂
I am excited about a bunch of these too. I am lucky to have some of them already, but Hoang’s is one I have been anticipating for two years and didn’t request.
Sam@WLABB recently posted…#AmReading YA
I have high hopes for Hoang’s book. Definitely feels like we’ve been waiting forever for it.
I hope you love them all! There are so many good books coming out in the next few months.
Aj @ Read All The Things! recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday: Best New Book Releases 2021
There really are!
Looks like you’ve got some fun summer reading ahead of you! I’m especially excited for SURVIVE THE NIGHT. The premise is just so tantalizing!
Susan (Bloggin’ ’bout Books) recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday: Hot Temps, Cool New Books
I’ve loved all of Sager’s other books so I have really high hopes for this new one. 🙂
Great List Suzanne!
Steph@paigesofbooks recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday-Anticipated Releases for the second half of the year
Survive the Night is one that I definitely want to read! I liked Hollow Kingdom okay, but not sure I’ll read the sequel even though I’m a BIT curious where S.T. is now hah
ShootingStarsMag recently posted…Top 10 Tuesday: Most Anticipated Releases of the Second Half of 2021
I’ve loved all of Sager’s other books so I’m hoping this new one will be just as great.
I’m really looking forward to Survive the Night and The Love Hypothesis. Oh, and The Heart Principle, too. Great list! 🙂
lark recently posted…Roanoke Ridge by J.J. Dupuis
I’m so looking forward to The Ex Hex and The Heart Principle as well! And I’m not usually that into thrillers, but Survive The Night sounds super intriguing. Hope you’ll enjoy all of these!
Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads recently posted…Most Anticipated Books of the Second Half of 2021
I’ve added The Ex Hex to my TBR.
I hope you enjoy your reads when you can read them.
Here’s my post: https://readbakecreate.com/?p=441
Pam @ Read! Bake! Create! recently posted…Most Anticipated Canadian Books for the Rest of 2021
I can’t wait for the Heart Principle either!
Sophie recently posted…Top Ten Anticipated books for the second half of 2021. Top Ten Tuesday 06/29/2021
Hopefully we’ll both love it!
Alice Hoffman is an author I keep meaning to read more of!
Great list, These are the books I am most excited about reading in the next few months!
Michael @ The Book Lover’s Sanctuary recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated Books of the Second Half of 2021
I’ve had really good luck with her books. Love the way she tells a story.
I’ve got the Love Hypothesis, the Heart Principle, and Isn’t It Bromantic. I’d like to read some of the others but my TBR is overflowing at the moment.
Anne – Books of My Heart recently posted…🎧 A Cut for a Cut by Carol Wyer
Haha, mine is too!