Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Top Ten Tuesday has been one of my favorite memes ever since I started blogging, so huge thanks to Jana for taking over the hosting duties!
This week’s TTT topic is actually not about books at all. It’s more of a get to know the blogger post in that we’re sharing non-bookish interests that we have. I don’t know that there are any big surprises here for anyone who has followed my blog for a while, but it’s a pretty accurate picture of what fills my time when I’m not reading, blogging or working.
* * * * *
10 Non-Bookish Interests I Have
- Theater. I have such a passion for the theater, Broadway musicals in particular, so it has killed me this year to not be able to catch any shows because of COVID. Favorite shows and plays I’ve seen: Hamilton, Wicked, Springsteen on Broadway, Les Miserables, To Kill a Mockingbird, and The Lion King.
- Disney. And I mean all things Disney – the films, the characters, the theme parks, collecting stuffed animals, mugs, and enamel pins, just to name a few. I also have a major soft spot for Eeyore that goes back to when I was a small child.
- Travel. This is a relatively new (i.e. in the last 10 years) passion for me. I used to never go anywhere, but once I caught the travel bug, I now want to go EVERYWHERE. This is another passion that has taken a hit because of the pandemic.
- Hiking/Walking. I used to do this a lot more often before I had a kid, but now that he’s older, I’d like to get back to it. There’s nothing like a hike on a scenic trail. So peaceful and such great exercise.
- Politics. I will freely admit that I’m completely burned out on this topic right now, but in normal times, when it doesn’t feel like the soul of our nation is on the line, I tend to be quite the political junkie. 2016-2020 may have killed this interest for the rest of my life, but we’ll see, lol.
- Puzzles. I put a jigsaw puzzle in my graphic but honestly I love all puzzles. Jigsaw, crossword, logic puzzles, Sudoku, Rubik’s Cubes, etc.
- Video Games. And honestly, this should really just say video game, singular, because it’s Mario Kart Tour on my iPhone that I’ve been completely obsessed with the past few months. It takes me back to the games I played when I was a kid and I’m really loving the sense of nostalgia right now.
- Baking. I can’t really say that I like to cook much overall, but man, I do love to bake a good dessert. I’m all about the cookies, pies, and cakes. 🙂
- Netflix, Hulu, Disney Plus & Chill. I’ve found myself less and less willing to turn on the TV in recent months. There’s nothing but bad news and political ads everywhere I turn, so I’ve been regularly turning to my entertainment apps and watching anything and everything that will let me escape reality for a few hours. The past weekend I fell down a Schitts Creek rabbit hole and devoured 4 seasons of the show. If you haven’t seen it, it is hilarious!
- Animals. Whether it’s watching cute animal vids that put a smile on my face or watching my own furry family members engage in their silly antics, most animals are a constant source of joy for me. Dogs, cats, and all sorts of domesticated animals of course, but then I also love giraffes, elephants, bears, and all of the big cats. I will pass on the insects and reptiles though.
Well, that’s it for me. Do we share any non-bookish interests?