Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Top Ten Tuesday has been one of my favorite memes ever since I started blogging, so huge thanks to Jana for taking over the hosting duties!
This week’s TTT topic is Bookish Wishes (Jana’s birthday is today, so celebrate with her by granting the wishes of your friends! This is a popular thing to do on Twitter, but today we’re blog hopping. List the top 10 books you’d love to own and include a link to a wishlist so that people can grant your wish. Make sure you link your wishlist to your mailing address [here’s how to do it on Amazon] or include the email address associated with your ereader so people know how to get the book to you. After you post, jump around the Linky and grant a wish or two if you’d like. Don’t feel obligated to send anything!)
First of all, Happy Birthday to Jana! Second, although I am sharing some items from my Amazon Book Wishlist, I don’t want anyone to feel obligated to purchase anything. I’m thinking of this post more as a way to illustrate what kinds of books I actually put on my wishlist. I do have a running wishlist that I keep on Amazon and that I send to certain folks in my life whenever it’s gift buying time. They all say I’m hard to shop for so I figure by sharing some items they can’t go wrong with, I’m making their holiday/birthday, etc. shopping a little less painful, haha.
Here’s my full wishlist for anyone who’s interested in seeing it. —–> Suzanne Bookish Wishlist
So, what kind of books end up on my list?
- In the case of books like Gemina and The Cruel Prince, these are from series I’ve already read and loved so much that I started buying paper copies for my collection, but missed a book or two.
- Books like Survive the Night by Riley Sager and Once Upon a Broken Heart by Stephanie Garber are preorders for upcoming releases by favorite authors.
- Amelia Unabridged made my list due to glowing reviews from trusted bloggers, as did Meghan Quinn’s Getting Lucky series. I snagged the first book with some credits I had a while back so the rest of the books went on the list.
- Maybe in Another Life and After I Do have landed on my wishlist because Taylor Jenkins Reid is a new favorite author of mine and I want to go back and read everything on her backlist.
- The Cousins and The Ladies of the Secret Circus have fall into the category of “I really want to read these but I think I’m going to forget about them if I only have them marked on Goodreads. My Goodreads Want-to-Read list is a hot mess and I forget about almost every book I add to it.
- Another category that isn’t pictured here are books I read ARCs of and loved them so much that I want to have a physical copy for my collection. Red, White & Blue and One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston fit into that category.
* * * * * *