Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Top Ten Tuesday has been one of my favorite memes ever since I started blogging, so huge thanks to Jana for taking over the hosting duties!
This week’s TTT topic is Favorite Book Blogs/Bookish Websites. This is such a hard topic for me, mainly because there are WAY more than ten book blogs that I love visiting. I could probably easily make this Top 50 Tuesday, haha!
I’m going to keep this short and sweet, mainly because my desktop computer died last night and while it’s being (hopefully) repaired, I’m trying to type this post on a laptop. I don’t know if it’s my old eyes or my clumsy fingers, but it is taking me forever. The way I’m typing you would think this was my first time ever using a computer before, haha!
Anyway, back on topic…what the bloggers on my list all have in common is that they not only consistently put out great content, but they’re also just lovely people. I enjoy chatting with all of them about our love of books, other interests we happen to share, and just about life in general sometimes. Some I’ve known since I first started blogging, while others are new friends that I’m really enjoying getting to know better. Have I mentioned lately how wonderful the book blogging community is?
10 Amazing Book Bloggers That Should Be on Your Radar
- Du Livre. I love visiting Amber’s blog because her reviews are always so honest and thoughtful. I also love her First Thoughts features where she shares her first impressions of whatever book she’s currently reading. Those posts are always fun to read.
- Aimee, Always. Aimee’s blog is beautifully designed, and I just love how her personality shines through on every post, especially those enthusiastic book reviews.
- POP.EDIT.LIT. I love reading Verushka’s posts because although she reads a pretty wide variety of books, she has a special interest in thrillers so this is where I go when I’m on the hunt for exciting new thrillers to add to my TBR. I also love that she reviews a lot of books from Australian authors, many of whom I hadn’t heard of before reading about them on POP.EDIT.LIT.
- Musings of a Literary Wanderer. Angela and I started blogging around the same time so we were newbies together 🙂 I really enjoy visiting her blog for many reasons, with one of them being that she and I both love books that feature dual time lines. I can always count on her for great dual time line recs. In addition to her well written and thoughtful reviews, another highlight of Angela’s blog is that she is an avid hiker and she often shares photos from her adventures. I love that variety in her content.
- Greg’s Book Haven. There’s so much to love about Greg’s blog that I hardly know where to begin. Greg and I share a love of Star Wars and George R.R. Martin books so when I a need a Star Wars or Game of Thrones fix, his blog is my first stop. Greg also has the most entertaining new feature called Movies That Suck where he reviews absolutely horrible movies so that you don’t have to spend your time watching them. It reminds me of Mystery Science Theater 3000, which I’ve always loved, so this feature is a real treat for me each week. Greg, of course, posts excellent book reviews on a wide variety of books, and he also posts tons of fabulous cult covers and artwork. And if you’re lucky, sometimes he’ll even share some of his own fiction writing projects.
- We Live and Breathe Books. Sam’s blog is my go-to when I want to get new YA contemporary recommendations. If Sam reads it and loves it, it’s almost a guarantee that I’m going to love it as well. I’ve lost track of how many new favorite authors I’ve discovered while visiting this blog. In addition to the reviews on the site, I’m also a big fan of the discussion posts, which are always so thought provoking. Oh and if all of that isn’t enough, the absolutely fabulous sloth blog design is a must-see. It makes me smile every time I visit. 🙂
- Read All The Things. Aj’s blog has become a favorite of mine because she reads and reviews a wide variety of books, basically anything from new releases all the way back to Newbery classics from my childhood. I also love visiting because she has such a fun sense of humor. I’m always entertained when I read Aj’s words, especially when she’s giving little anecdotes from her life.
- Metaphors and Moonlight. If you’re into great fantasy, science fiction, and supernatural creatures galore, Kristen’s blog is one that should definitely be on your radar. She has introduced me to many wonderful books and series that I probably would never have known about if I hadn’t read her reviews and recommendations.
- Rebel Mommy Book Blog. If you’re into contemporary authors like Colleen Hoover, Morgan Matson, Kasie West, and Harlan Coben, you should definitely make Grace’s blog a regular stop during your internet travels. You’re sure to pick up some great recs every time you visit.
- Book Reviews By Di. Di is one of my go-to blogs for YA fantasy reads. I love the vibrant design of her blog and her reviews are always so well written. If you’re into bookstagram, you should also check out her feed there. I’m just discovering bookstagram, but she’s already one of my favorites there as well.
* * * * *
Who are some of your favorite book bloggers?