Top Ten Tuesday – 10 Amazing Book Bloggers That Should Be on Your Radar
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Top Ten Tuesday has been one of my favorite memes ever since I started blogging, so huge thanks to Jana for taking over the hosting duties!
This week’s TTT topic is Favorite Book Blogs/Bookish Websites. This is such a hard topic for me, mainly because there are WAY more than ten book blogs that I love visiting. I could probably easily make this Top 50 Tuesday, haha!
I’m going to keep this short and sweet, mainly because my desktop computer died last night and while it’s being (hopefully) repaired, I’m trying to type this post on a laptop. I don’t know if it’s my old eyes or my clumsy fingers, but it is taking me forever. The way I’m typing you would think this was my first time ever using a computer before, haha!
Anyway, back on topic…what the bloggers on my list all have in common is that they not only consistently put out great content, but they’re also just lovely people. I enjoy chatting with all of them about our love of books, other interests we happen to share, and just about life in general sometimes. Some I’ve known since I first started blogging, while others are new friends that I’m really enjoying getting to know better. Have I mentioned lately how wonderful the book blogging community is?
10 Amazing Book Bloggers That Should Be on Your Radar
- Du Livre. I love visiting Amber’s blog because her reviews are always so honest and thoughtful. I also love her First Thoughts features where she shares her first impressions of whatever book she’s currently reading. Those posts are always fun to read.
- Aimee, Always. Aimee’s blog is beautifully designed, and I just love how her personality shines through on every post, especially those enthusiastic book reviews.
- POP.EDIT.LIT. I love reading Verushka’s posts because although she reads a pretty wide variety of books, she has a special interest in thrillers so this is where I go when I’m on the hunt for exciting new thrillers to add to my TBR. I also love that she reviews a lot of books from Australian authors, many of whom I hadn’t heard of before reading about them on POP.EDIT.LIT.
- Musings of a Literary Wanderer. Angela and I started blogging around the same time so we were newbies together 🙂 I really enjoy visiting her blog for many reasons, with one of them being that she and I both love books that feature dual time lines. I can always count on her for great dual time line recs. In addition to her well written and thoughtful reviews, another highlight of Angela’s blog is that she is an avid hiker and she often shares photos from her adventures. I love that variety in her content.
- Greg’s Book Haven. There’s so much to love about Greg’s blog that I hardly know where to begin. Greg and I share a love of Star Wars and George R.R. Martin books so when I a need a Star Wars or Game of Thrones fix, his blog is my first stop. Greg also has the most entertaining new feature called Movies That Suck where he reviews absolutely horrible movies so that you don’t have to spend your time watching them. It reminds me of Mystery Science Theater 3000, which I’ve always loved, so this feature is a real treat for me each week. Greg, of course, posts excellent book reviews on a wide variety of books, and he also posts tons of fabulous cult covers and artwork. And if you’re lucky, sometimes he’ll even share some of his own fiction writing projects.
- We Live and Breathe Books. Sam’s blog is my go-to when I want to get new YA contemporary recommendations. If Sam reads it and loves it, it’s almost a guarantee that I’m going to love it as well. I’ve lost track of how many new favorite authors I’ve discovered while visiting this blog. In addition to the reviews on the site, I’m also a big fan of the discussion posts, which are always so thought provoking. Oh and if all of that isn’t enough, the absolutely fabulous sloth blog design is a must-see. It makes me smile every time I visit. 🙂
- Read All The Things. Aj’s blog has become a favorite of mine because she reads and reviews a wide variety of books, basically anything from new releases all the way back to Newbery classics from my childhood. I also love visiting because she has such a fun sense of humor. I’m always entertained when I read Aj’s words, especially when she’s giving little anecdotes from her life.
- Metaphors and Moonlight. If you’re into great fantasy, science fiction, and supernatural creatures galore, Kristen’s blog is one that should definitely be on your radar. She has introduced me to many wonderful books and series that I probably would never have known about if I hadn’t read her reviews and recommendations.
- Rebel Mommy Book Blog. If you’re into contemporary authors like Colleen Hoover, Morgan Matson, Kasie West, and Harlan Coben, you should definitely make Grace’s blog a regular stop during your internet travels. You’re sure to pick up some great recs every time you visit.
- Book Reviews By Di. Di is one of my go-to blogs for YA fantasy reads. I love the vibrant design of her blog and her reviews are always so well written. If you’re into bookstagram, you should also check out her feed there. I’m just discovering bookstagram, but she’s already one of my favorites there as well.
* * * * *
Who are some of your favorite book bloggers?
I love hearing about new bloggers, and plan to check out a couple that you’ve mentioned. Of course, I do visit Gorgeous Greg over at Book Haven too, because he has lots of fun and neat things going on! Hugs and Happy Tuesday! RO
Greg is awesome 🙂
Thank you so much for mentioning me 🙂 you have an amazing list of bloggers here who I also love. There are just so many amazing bloggers in this community!
You’re welcome! And you’re so right. It was nearly impossible to narrow this list to 10 when there are so many fantastic blogs out there.
I had Greg on my list too. He’s the best! I so agree though, it was SOOOOOOO hard to narrow this down.
Greg is awesome!
WOW!! This is an interesting post. You have given a list of book bloggers whom I would definitely follow. My favourite book bloggers are Cait (Paper Fury), Innah (Diary Of Difference), Liz ( Quirky Cat Fat Stacks) and you!!
Thank you for including me, Suzanne! I’m so glad we came across each other early on in my blogging – you’ve been such a great support for me!
You’re welcome! Thanks for your support as well 🙂
I know pretty much all of these, yay!!
Woo Hoo! 🙂
I like Greg’s blog, too. It’s something I included on my list this week as well.
Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.
I’ve seen his blog on several lists today, which is great to see 🙂
Awesome list! Most of these are bloggers I already know and love and agree they are all so lovely and talented <3
And I totally get you that this could have been a Top 50 because as fun as it is to discover new blogs, making a list of just ten is nerve-wracking!
It was definitely challenging and I felt bad for every blog that I couldn’t include just because I love so many of them, lol.
I hope your desktop gets repaired quickly. Great list of bloggers. 😀
It’s fun promoting the book blogs and other bookish sites in this week’s TTT post, isn’t it??
Here’s a link to my TTT post this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2018/08/top-ten-tuesday-favorite-book.html
It was fun although very hard to narrow down to just ten favorites. There are just so many fantastic blogs out there.
I love checking out book blogs 🙂
Me too. There are so many great ones out there.
Metaphors and Moonlight is a great blog. Kristen is awesome. 🙂
She really is. I love reading her reviews.
Also… I love your new Header, Suzanne! So adorable!
I’m sorry to hear about your computer Suzanne! I always have a hard time adjusting to a new keyboard.
Ermagawd thank you for the shout out and your nice words! I’m happy that I know about half of the blogs you mentioned, so I’ll be blog hopping!
You’re so welcome. I really enjoy your blog 🙂
So many good blogs here, I follow and love every single one of them. I love Verushka’s thriller reviews, especially since I’ve been reading so many lately, and Aimee Always is a fairly new follow for me but her blog is fun and vibrant and she has great content. These are all favorites though. And thank you for including me, and for the kind words. That made my day! Good company to be in, too. 🙂
You’re very welcome!
A great list, Suzanne:). I’ve visited many of these lovely book bloggers – and another one who is a solid favourite – Caffeinated Reviewer who hosts the fabulous Sunday Post – https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/
I agree! Love her blog as well 🙂
I hope your computer gets fixed soon. Thanks for giving my blog a shout-out. I read all of the blogs on your list. They’re some of my all-time favorites.
I frequent most of these blogs too, and they are great blogs and great bloggers! And I wasn’t expecting to see myself on the list, thank you for including me! Amber does do great reviews, and Di and I share some of the same taste in books which is always fun. And I love visiting your blog as well! <3
You’re welcome 🙂
Suzanne! Thank you so much for including me! I love your blog too and I love that your reviews are concise, well written and memorable as well as your blog being so clean and easy to navigate and again, so memorable. I always love visiting.
There’s a couple of bloggers here that I need to get to! I love so many off your list. 🙂
Excuse me, I’m verklempt! Thank you for saying so many nice things, and I feel so valid to hear you actually checked out some of the books I read, because I know I read a lot more contemporary books than most everyone out there. This is such a list of awesome, so thank you for including me. XOXO
Aimee, Amber, Greg, Sam, and AJ are all fantastic! Great list. 🙂
Check out my TTT and celebrate my blogoversary with a giveaway
Yay, thanks for sharing the links. I know some of these. The book blogging community is awesome 🙂
Yes, it really is. 🙂