Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Top Ten Tuesday has been one of my favorite memes ever since I started blogging, so huge thanks to Jana for taking over the hosting duties!
This week’s TTT topic is Questions I Would Ask My Favorite Authors. This is a fun topic, mainly just because I loved even imagining the possibility of interviewing any of my favorite authors. Assuming that I wouldn’t just turn into a blubbering fangirl mess at the idea of actually talking to them, these are some questions I’d love to know the answers to. I made one list of questions, but the authors I’d most love to ask them to are Victoria Schwab, Leigh Bardugo, Kristin Hannah, Alice Hoffman, Judy Blume, Marie Lu, Rick Riordan, and Becky Albertalli.
* * * * *
Questions I Would Ask My Favorite Authors
- If you had to pick a favorite characters from all of the books you’ve written, who would you choose and why?
- Which of your books are you most proud of and why?
- What do you find to be the easiest part of the writing process? The hardest?
- Do you miss any of the characters from your books? If so and you could write an epilogue for them, what do you see them doing now?
- Do you have any interesting writing quirks or rituals you would like to share?
- Have you always wanted to be a writer? If you hadn’t become a writer, what do you think you would be doing for a living instead?
- What books or authors have most influenced your own writing?
- What is your all time favorite book? Tell me why it’s so special to you.
- If you could give an aspiring author one single piece of advice, what would you tell them?
- And a silly one just to wrap up – what’s your favorite food to snack on while you’re writing?
Question: Who’s an author you would love to interview?