Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Top Ten Tuesday has been one of my favorite memes ever since I started blogging, so huge thanks to Jana for taking over the hosting duties!
This week’s TTT topic is Books Guaranteed to Put a Smile on Your Face. I totally cheated on this one and just searched my blog for the word smile since I always comment on books that made me happy while I was reading them. Below are some of my recent favorites and a link to my full review for each one.
Books Guaranteed to Put a Smile on Your Face
1. VERY SINCERELY YOURS by Kerry Winfrey – A cute rom com featuring a sexy Mr. Rogers type and a young woman going through a rough patch. Has major You’ve Got Mail vibes.
2. THE LAST CHANCE LIBRARY by Freya Sampson – If a feisty band of senior citizens fighting to save their local library doesn’t put a smile on your face, I don’t know what will. I had so much fun reading about these characters and their antics.
3. A SPOT OF TROUBLE by Teri Wilson – Filled with adorable dalmatians and matchmaking old ladies who call themselves the Charlie’s Angels, this book is the absolute cutest.
4. THE KINDRED SPIRITS SUPPER CLUB by Amy E. Reichert – This is a charming small town romance that features two sweet protagonists you can’t help but root for, along with a fun fashion-forward ghost named Molly.
5. BETTER THAN THE MOVIES by Lynn Painter – A rom-com that features fake dating, enemie-to-lovers, and that basically celebrates all rom-coms.
6. PLAYING THE PALACE by Paul Rudnick – A laugh out loud funny rom-com that features a royal, a non-royal, and a loud and lovable Jewish family. This is a book that deserves more love than it’s getting.
7. THE SOULMATE EQUATION by Christina Lauren – Everything about this rom-com put a smile on my face, but River’s adorable scenes with Jess’ daughter, Juno, especially stole my heart.
8. WAIT FOR IT by Jenn McKinlay – This romance features hilariously snarky banter in the form of letters taped to doors, as well as finally bonding over an adorable tuxedo cat named Sir.
9. ISN’T IT BROMANTIC? by Lyssa Kay Adams – The Russian finally getting his own romantic tale is sure to leave you with a smile on your face.
10. ONCE UPON A ROYAL SUMMER by Teri Wilson – Teri Wilson makes my list twice this weekend because she is the Queen writing books that make me smile. This one features a sweet romance between a theme park princess and a real-life prince.
* * * * * *