Top Ten Tuesday – Top 10 Books People Keep Telling Me to Read…But I Still Haven’t (Yet!)

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.  Top Ten Tuesday has been one of my favorite memes ever since I started blogging, so huge thanks to Jana for taking over the hosting duties!

This week’s TTT topic is a FREEBIE, so I thought it would be fun to share some books that everyone keeps telling me to read because they know I’d love them, but somehow I just haven’t quite gotten myself to read them yet.  I swear that I will get to them all eventually because these books are all recommended by trusted blogger friends, but it’s just taking me longer than I thought it would to actually get around to them. Some of them I really have no excuse though because I’ve even read other books by the authors and loved them, Laini Taylor and V.E. Schwab, for example,  so I don’t even know what I’m waiting for.

So many books, so little time!

Top 10 Books People Keep Telling Me to Read…But I Still Haven’t (Yet!)

* * * * *

8. RED WINTER by Annette Marie

* * * * *

9. A MAN CALLED OVE by Fredrik Backman

* * * * *

10. REBEL OF THE SANDS by Alwyn Hamilton

* * * * *

Question:  What books are people telling you that you need to read?

38 replies
  1. Annemieke
    Annemieke says:

The Raven Boys <3 . Rebel of the Sands was a good read when i read it but I haven't been interested at all to continue the series.
    And I also still have to get to Vicious. I hear amazing things about Red Winter though.

2. Jennrenee
    Jennrenee says:

I have only read three of these. And they were all just okay reads for me. There are s couple I would like to read. My husband loves the throne of glass books. I found the first one okay. I liked it well enough but will need to reread to finish the series.

• Suzanne
      Suzanne says:

I keep hearing great things about Throne of Glass but ended up reading her A Court of Thorns and Roses series first instead. I did enjoy that though so I’m sure I’ll go back eventually and read this series too.

3. ShootingStarsMag
    ShootingStarsMag says:

Oh gosh, I have so many books I need to actually read still – and some I even own, like Vicious! LOL Daughter of Smoke and Bone is fantastic though, and I really love The Raven Boys too, so hopefully they will be winners for you. 🙂

-Lauren

4. Daniela Ark
    Daniela Ark says:

hahah I could just borrow your list and post the same topic! I would love to hear what you think of Raven Boys! I have tried it twice and can’t get through it! Same with Throne of glass! But only tried once so I’m giving it another try soon 🙂

• Suzanne
      Suzanne says:

I’ve been a little hesitant to start The Raven Boys mainly because I read and wasn’t a big fans of All the Crooked Saints by the same author. People keep telling me The Raven Boys is much better though so we’ll see how it goes, lol.

5. Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads
    Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads says:

Red Winter <3 Haha, I may be one of those people telling you to read it, but it really is so good and one of my all-time favorites so I do hope you'll enjoy it when you decide to pick it up 🙂 Rebel of the Sands and Letters to the Lost are still on my TBR as well. So is Vicious, but I'm hoping to get to that one really soon 😉

• Suzanne
      Suzanne says:

Haha! Yes, you are one of those trusted blogger friends that has recommend Red Winter. I did finally buy the book too, so I’m hoping to read it this summer at the absolute latest 🙂

6. Lindsi
    Lindsi says:

Definitely The Raven Boys! I adored that series. Blue was a phenomenal character, and I loved the lore surrounding the story. Everyone is so complex, and the mystery was challenging!

I still need to read the other books on your list!
    Do You Dog-ear?

• Suzanne
      Suzanne says:

I’m really hoping to get to The Raven Boys by this summer. I need to get through some ARCs first but that’s a book that at least a dozen of my blogger friends have highly recommended so it’s a must read for me.

• Suzanne
      Suzanne says:

I’ve read almost all of Leigh’s. I still need to read the last book in the Grishaverse series and then The Language of Thorns. So far I’ve loved everything of hers that I’ve read. She is amazing!

• Suzanne
      Suzanne says:

I’m so glad to hear that. I’ve really enjoyed the other books I’ve read by those authors so I am definitely excited to finally get to Letters to the Lost and Alex, Approximately.

• Suzanne
      Suzanne says:

That’s good to know about Ove. I haven’t come across a single person yet who hasn’t loved it. I don’t even know what I’m waiting for, lol.

7. Kristen @ Metaphors and Moonlight
    Kristen @ Metaphors and Moonlight says:

Yep, I also have books I keep saying I’m going to read—and I really do plan to!—but it’s taking me forever lol. Some of these are on my tbr! I do want to read Raven Boys cuz of so many reviews I’ve seen. I definitely want to read Red Winter cuz I love Annette Marie’s other books. And I’ve recently decided I want to read Rebel of the Sands. Hopefully we’ll both love all these books!

8. louise ☆
    louise ☆ says:

I’ve had Daughter of Smoke and Bone on my shelf for years but I still haven’t read it yet 🙈 And I’ve been wanting to read Vicious for ages too, but still haven’t gotten around to that one either.

9. Jordan Rose
    Jordan Rose says:

I’ve only read three of these! I’m a fan of the Throne of Glass series and I love everything Laini Taylor writes, so I’ll my name to everyone that recommends those. 🙂 I’ve tried reading The Raven Boys, but I didn’t really get into it and ended up DNF-ing it, but I really want to give it another go since it fees like everyone loves it.

• Suzanne
      Suzanne says:

I loved Laini’s Strange the Dreamer so I’m really looking forward to starting the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series. I have no idea why I haven’t started it yet.

10. sjhigbee
    sjhigbee says:

That’s a fabulous list:). I, too, haven’t yet read The Raven Boys or Throne of Glass but have had the pleasure of Daughter of Smoke and Bone and Rebel of the Sands and they were awesome reads.

• Suzanne
      Suzanne says:

I’m glad to hear you enjoyed both Rebel of the Sands and Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I read and loved Laini’s Strange the Dreamer so I’m really looking forward to going back and reading her earlier series.

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!