Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Top Ten Tuesday has been one of my favorite memes ever since I started blogging, so huge thanks to Jana for taking over the hosting duties!
This week’s TTT topic is actually supposed to be Books I’d Want With Me While Stranded On a Deserted Island. I’m pretty sure I’ve done that topic before though so I tweaked it a bit and decided to some books I might finally get around to reading if I’m stuck on an island alone with nothing but a stack of books for company. In most cases these are books that have been sitting on my TBR shelf for years and for whatever reason, I just keep skipping over them. Or I’ve started them but never finished. I haven’t purged them because I really do want to read them.
10 Books I Might Finally Read If I Was Stranded on a Deserted Island with Them
1. HAMILTON by Ron Chernow – I started this book at the height of my obsession with Hamilton. It’s interesting too but it’s also a brick of a book at 731 pages so I keep shoving it aside.
2. FIRE & BLOOD by George R.R. Martin – Another monster book (719 pages) I started but keep setting aside in favor of shorter books and also because I’d rather be reading the next ASOIF novel, which Martin has yet to finish.
3. THE HOLY BIBLE – I’ve been telling myself for years that I need to read/study the Bible, but have yet to to do it.
4. REBEL OF THE SANDS by Alwyn Hamilton – Switching gears a bit, the is the fantasy novel that has been sitting on my TBR shelf the longest (5 years!). It sounds amazing and I can’t even account for why I haven’t read it yet.
5. A LITTLE LIFE by Hanya Yanagihara – I’ve heard great things about this book but between its 720 page length and the fact that it looks to be a completely heart-wrenching read, I keep bypassing it on my shelf in favor of shorter, happier reads.
6. INK AND BONE by Rachel Caine – Another fantasy series I want to read that has inexplicably been sitting on my shelf for almost 5 years.
7. GODS OF JADE AND SHADOW by Silvia Moreno-Garcia – This was my very first BOTM pick and I was so excited to get it, yet it’s still sitting there waiting to be read.
8. UPROOTED by Naomi Novik – This book has been sitting on my shelf for 4 years. I still really want to read it but have to admit that I’ve hesitated because I didn’t love Spinning Silver.
9. TO THE BRIGHT EDGE OF THE WORLD by Eowyn Ivey – Another book I’ve been inexplicably avoiding even though I loved her last book and have seen nothing but glowing reviews for this one.
10. EVERY HEART A DOORWAY by Seanan McGuire – I’ve been drawn to this series for years now but became reluctant to start it after not enjoying my first read from the author.
* * * * * *