Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Top Ten Tuesday has been one of my favorite memes ever since I started blogging, so huge thanks to Jana for taking over the hosting duties!
This week’s TTT topic is Bookish People I’d Like To Meet (These can be authors, book characters, book bloggers/influencers, cover designers, cover models, etc.). I decided to keep it simple this week and just share ten authors I would love to meet. This is a topic I often think about since I’ve never actually been to an event where I could possibly meet one of my favorite authors. I could also easily make a list ten times this long because there are so many I’d love to thank for sharing their storytelling gifts with us.
10 Authors I Would Love to Meet
1. KATHERINE CENTER – Katherine Center brings me such joy with her books, but I also love her social media presence. She comes across as kind, humble, and very insightful when it comes to the writing process.
2. ALICE HOFFMAN – Alice Hoffman is one of my all-time favorite authors. Her writing and storytelling abilities are pure magic, and I would love to talk to her about what inspired her to take Practical Magic from one to four books.
3. V.E. SCHWAB – I would just like thank V.E. Schwab for getting me back into reading fantasy with her Shades of Magic trilogy and then making me fall even more in love with the genre with books like Addie LaRue and Gallant.
4. ABBI WAXMAN – I’ve always enjoyed Abbi Waxman’s novels, but recently she has become more active on her instagram account and she is truly hilarious. I just think meeting her would be so much fun.
5. CHRISTINA LAUREN – This duo has brought me so much joy with their rom-coms over the past few years. I’d love to talk to them about their process for co-writing their books. Plus, they both just seem super sweet on social media.
6. COLLEEN HOOVER – I of course have loved everything I’ve read from Colleen Hoover, but she also just seems like she would be fun to meet, at least based on some of her Instagram randomness anyway, haha.
7. T.J. KLUNE – Anyone who can write such magical, feel good books as The House in the Cerulean Sea and Under the Whispering Door is someone I want to meet.
8. TAYLOR JENKINS REID – As the person who has created three of my favorite female characters, I would love to meet TJR to thank her and to hear what she’s working on next. And of course to congratulate her on the premiere of the Daisy Jones series which is off to an amazing start this week.
9. ABBY JIMENEZ – I love Abby Jimenez’s books but I also love her sense of humor. Her instagram account, especially when it comes to pet-related shenanigans, is one of my favorites. I think it would be fun to meet her, especially if her dogs, Tess and Stuntman Mike, are there.
10. FIONA DAVIS – Fiona Davis is one of my favorite historical fiction authors and since all of her novels focus on NYC iconic buildings, I’d love to meet her, in New York of course, to thank her for bringing so much history to life in my favorite city and to hear about what other buildings she is considered centering books around.
* * * * * *