Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Top Ten Tuesday has been one of my favorite memes ever since I started blogging, so huge thanks to Jana for taking over the hosting duties!
This week’s TTT topic is Most Anticipated Releases of the First Half of 2023. This is always an easy topic just because, of course, there are always so many books that I’m excited to get my hands on. I have ARCs for several of these so I’m glad I don’t have to wait too long to dive into them. As always, it’s a mix of romance and historical fiction, with just a hint of thrillers and fantasy.
My Most Anticipated Releases of the First Half of 2023
1. FINLAY DONOVAN JUMPS THE GUN by Elle Cosimano – “Author and single mom Finlay Donovan has been in messes before―after all, she’s a pro at removing bloodstains for various unexpected reasons―but none quite like this. When Finlay and her nanny/partner-in-crime Vero accidentally destroyed a luxury car that they had “borrowed” in the process of saving the life of Finlay’s ex-husband, the Russian mob did her a favor and bought the car for her. And now Finlay owes them.”
2. THE TRUE LOVE EXPERIMENT by Christina Lauren – “Sparks fly when a romance novelist and a documentary filmmaker join forces to craft the perfect Hollywood love story and take both of their careers to the next level—but only if they can keep the chemistry between them from taking the whole thing off script—from the New York Times bestselling authors of The Soulmate Equation and The Unhoneymooners .”
3. CODE NAME SAPPHIRE by Pam Jenoff – “A woman must rescue her cousin’s family from a train bound for Auschwitz in this riveting tale of bravery and resistance, from the bestselling author of The Lost Girls of Paris.“
4. HAPPY PLACE by Emily Henry – “A couple who broke up months ago make a pact to pretend to still be together for their annual weeklong vacation with their best friends in this glittering and wise new novel from #1 New York Times bestselling author Emily Henry.”
5. THE PARIS DAUGHTER by Kristin Harmel – “From the bestselling author of the “heart-stopping tale of survival and heroism” (People) The Book of Lost Names comes a gripping historical novel about two mothers who must make unthinkable choices in the face of the Nazi occupation.”
6. THE GOLDEN DOVES by Martha Hall Kelly – “Two former female spies, bound together by their past, risk everything to hunt down an infamous Nazi doctor in the aftermath of World War II—an extraordinary novel inspired by true events from the New York Times bestselling author of Lilac Girls.”
7. IN THE LIVES OF PUPPETS by T.J. Klune – “New York Times bestselling author TJ Klune invites you deep into the heart of a peculiar forest and on the extraordinary journey of a family assembled from spare parts.”
8. YOURS TRULY by Abby Jimenez – “A novel of terrible first impressions, hilarious second chances, and the joy in finding your perfect match from “a true talent” (Emily Henry, #1 New York Times bestselling author).”
9. THE SPECTACULAR by Fiona Davis – “New York Times bestselling author Fiona Davis transports us back to 1950s Manhattan and the glamorous Radio City Music Hall. . .”
10. LOVE, THEORETICALLY by Ali Hazelwood – “Rival physicists collide in a vortex of academic feuds and fake dating shenanigans in this delightfully STEMinist romcom from the New York Times bestselling author of The Love Hypothesis and Love on the Brain.”
* * * * * *