Top Ten Tuesday – My 10 Most Anticipated Reads for the First Half of 2022
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Top Ten Tuesday has been one of my favorite memes ever since I started blogging, so huge thanks to Jana for taking over the hosting duties!
This week’s TTT topic is Most Anticipated Releases of the First Half of 2022. This is an especially easy topic this time because several of my favorite authors have new books coming out in the next six months. I have ARCs for several of these and have pre-ordered the rest because I’m so excited to read them.
My Most Anticipated Releases of the First Half of 2022
1. GALLANT by V.E. Schwab – “Everything casts a shadow. Even the world we live in. And as with every shadow, there is a place where it must touch. A seam, where the shadow meets its source. #1 New York Times–bestselling author Victoria Schwab weaves a dark and original tale about the place where the world meets its shadow, and the young woman beckoned by both sides. The Secret Garden meets Crimson Peak in this stand-alone novel perfect for readers of Holly Black and Neil Gaiman.”
2. BOOK LOVERS by Emily Henry – “Nora Stephens’ life is books—she’s read them all—and she is not that type of heroine. Not the plucky one, not the laidback dream girl, and especially not the sweetheart. In fact, the only people Nora is a heroine for are her clients, for whom she lands enormous deals as a cutthroat literary agent, and her beloved little sister Libby. Which is why she agrees to go to Sunshine Falls, North Carolina for the month of August when Libby begs her for a sisters’ trip away…But instead of picnics in meadows, or run-ins with a handsome country doctor or bulging-forearmed bartender, Nora keeps bumping into Charlie Lastra, a bookish brooding editor…If Nora knows she’s not an ideal heroine, Charlie knows he’s nobody’s hero, but as they are thrown together again and again—in a series of coincidences no editor worth their salt would allow—what they discover might just unravel the carefully crafted stories they’ve written about themselves.”
3. MR. WRONG NUMBER by Lynn Painter – “Things get textual when a steamy message from a random wrong number turns into a thrilling anonymous relationship in this hilarious rom-com by Lynn Painter.”
4. HOOK, LINE, AND SINKER by Tessa Bailey – “In the follow-up to It Happened One Summer, Tessa Bailey delivers another deliciously fun rom-com about a former player who accidentally falls for his best friend while trying to help her land a different man…”
5. BOOK OF NIGHT by Holly Black – “#1 New York Times bestselling author Holly Black makes her stunning adult debut with Book of Night, a modern dark fantasy of shadowy thieves and secret societies in the vein of Ninth House and The Night Circus.”
6. ADULT ASSEMBLY REQUIRED by Abbi Waxman – “A young woman arrives in Los Angeles determined to start over, and discovers she doesn’t need to leave everything behind after all, from Abbi Waxman, USA Today bestselling author of The Bookish Life of Nina Hill.”
7. ONE NIGHT ON THE ISLAND by Josie Silver – “Spending her thirtieth birthday alone is the last thing that dating columnist Cleo wanted, but she is going on a self-coupling quasi-sabbatical–at the insistence of her boss–in the name of re-energizing herself and adding a new perspective to her column. The remote Irish island she’s booked is a far cry from London, but at least it’s a chance to hunker down in a luxury cabin and indulge in some quiet, solitary self-care while she figures out her next steps in her love life and her career. Mac is also looking forward to some time to himself. With his life in Boston deteriorating in ways he can’t bring himself to acknowledge, his soul searching has brought him to the same Irish island in search of his roots and some clarity. Unfortunately, a mix-up with the bookings means both solitude seekers have reserved the same one-bedroom hideaway on exactly the same dates. Instantly at odds with each other, Cleo and Mac don’t know how they’re going to manage until the next weekly ferry arrives. But as the days go by, they no longer seem to mind each other’s company quite as much as they thought they would…Written with Josie Silver’s signature warmth, charm and insights into the human heart, One Night on the Island explores the meaning of home, the joys of escape and how the things we think we want are never the things we really need..”
8. SOMETHING WILDER by Christina Lauren – “From the authors of the “heartfelt and funny” (Publishers Weekly) sensation The Unhoneymooners, this page-turning adventure full of second chances, complicated relationships, and the breathtaking beauty of the American Southwest will take fans on one wild ride.”
9. THE MAGNOLIA PALACE by Fiona Davis – “Fiona Davis, New York Times bestselling author of The Lions of Fifth Avenue, returns with a tantalizing novel about the secrets, betrayal, and murder within one of New York City’s most impressive Gilded Age mansions.”
10. THE LAST HOUSE ON THE STREET by Diane Chamberlain – “From bestselling author Diane Chamberlain comes an irresistible new novel that perfectly interweaves history, mystery, and social justice. When Kayla Carter’s husband dies in an accident while building their dream house, she knows she has to stay strong for their four-year-old daughter. But the trophy home in Shadow Ridge Estates, a new development in sleepy Round Hill, North Carolina, will always hold tragic memories. But when she is confronted by an odd, older woman telling her not to move in, she almost agrees. It’s clear this woman has some kind of connection to the area…and a connection to Kayla herself. Kayla’s elderly new neighbor, Ellie Hockley, is more welcoming, but it’s clear she, too, has secrets that stretch back almost fifty years. Is Ellie on a quest to right the wrongs of the past? And does the house at the end of the street hold the key? Told in dual time periods, The Last House on the Street is a novel of shocking prejudice and violence, forbidden love, the search for justice, and the tangled vines of two families.”
* * * * * *
Well, seven of these are on my shelf, all because of you😏
Jonetta | Blue Mood Café recently posted…The Academy by Robert Dugoni @robertdugoni @esuttonsmith @BrilliancePub
LOL! Hopefully they’re amazing reads for both of us. 🙂
I’m looking forward to Book Lovers and Adult Assembly Required.
Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
Pam @ Read! Bake! Create! recently posted…10 Most Anticipated Canadian Releases in Early 2022
I think they’re both going to be such fun reads. 🙂
I definitely want to read Gallant and Book Lovers!
ShootingStarsMag recently posted…Most Anticipated Books Releasing In the First Half of 2022
I’m so excited for those two that I just had to pre-order them both.
Super excited for Holly Black’s new book! And very curious about Gallant. It should be an amazing first 6 months😁
Tammy @ Books, Bones & Buffy recently posted…Most Anticipated Books of 2022 – First Quarter
I’m excited for Gallant too. Schwab has yet to disappoint me. 🙂
Gallant and Book of Night are on so many lists this week, I’m super looking forward to them both.
Ellie Warren recently posted…Top Ten Most Anticipated
Right? I’ve seen them everywhere, lol.
Book Lovers has popped up on a few different lists. I hope you like it!
Lydia recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated Books Releasing In the First Half of 2022
Thank you! 🙂
Great list! So many of these are on my TBR – can’t wait to get my copy of The Magnolia Palace!
Great picks! I already have a couple of these on my TBR! Happy Reading.
Hena Tayeb recently posted…Hello 2022
Happy reading to you as well. 🙂
I think Gallant might be the book that finally gets me into Schwab’s writing – I keep meaning to, but somehow never have!
These are the books I am most looking forward to in 2022.
Michael @ The Book Lovers’ Sanctuary recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated Books Releasing In the First Half of 2022
I’ve had such great luck with Schwab’s books so I definitely recommend them, especially her Shades of Magic Trilogy and The Invisible Life of Addie Larue.
We have so much overlap. One book I do hope to get an ARC of, that I didn’t mention on my list, is Waxman’s book. I adore her books and need to read it.
Sam@WLABB recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday – Anticipation is Keeping Me Waiting
Waxman’s books are always so good. I actually found one on my bookshelf tonight that I forgot I hadn’t read yet, Other People’s Houses, so I had to put that on my list of books to read asap.
I’m really looking forward to Book of Night, I think that will be the Holly Black book I finally try!
Greg recently posted…Best Books of 2021
I hope you enjoy it. I’ve had really good luck with everything I’ve read from her so far. 🙂
Book Lovers and Gallant sound so good!
Steph@paigesofbooks recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday- Most Anticipated Release for the first half of 2022 Part 1
Those are the two I’m most excited to read. 🙂
I loved Silver’s first two novels so I’m excited for One Night on the Island. And an adult debut from Holly Black? I’ll definitely be on the lookout for that one!
Tanya @ Girl Plus Books recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated Releases | First Half of 2022
I’m excited for Silver’s book and have seen several excellent reviews for it this week, which has me even more excited. 🙂
Great list! Book Lovers made my list this week, too.
Jess @ Jessticulates recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday | Anticipated 2022 releases!
I’ve seen it on almost every list I’ve looked at so far, lol.
Book Lovers and One Night on the Island are high on my TBR list, too. 😀
Lark recently posted…Dead by Dawn by Paul Doiron
I’ve seen those on quite a few lists today. 🙂
4 of these are already on my shelf and I have already read and written my review for the Diane Chamberlain book. It is emotional and suspenseful.
Anne – Books of My Heart recently posted…Curse of Salem by Kay Hooper
I just started reading the Chamberlain book last night and I’m already hooked. Can’t wait to read your review for it. 🙂
THE LAST HOUSE ON THE STREET is on my list today, too! I’ve loved Chamberlain’s last few books, so I’m excited about her newest. I’m also looking forward to THE MAGNOLIA PALACE. I hope you enjoy all these.
Susan (Bloggin’ ’bout Books) recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday: The Bright, Shiny, and New
I just started reading the Chamberlain book last night and I’m already completely hooked!
Several of these authors are on my TBR list! I hope you enjoy them when you get a chance to read them!
Cindy Davis recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday-Random Stuff
Thank you! 🙂
I’m getting more and more excited about Book Lovers the more I see it. 🙂
Literary Feline recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday: My Top Ten Most Anticipated Books Releasing In the First Half of 2022
Same! I just love books that feature bookish characters. 🙂
I’m excited for SO many of these books and I’ve seen almost all of them on countless anticipated release lists this week. I’m especially keen to get my hands on Gallant, One Night on the Island and Something Wilder! 😍 I hope you enjoy all these releases!
Dini @ dinipandareads recently posted…#TopTenTuesday: Anticipated Releases in the First Half of 2022
Gallant was on my list this week too!
Jo recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday #349
Emily Henry and Holly Black are on my list!
Sophie recently posted…Iron Widow by Xiran Jay Zhao totally blew me away! Review.
So excited for both of those!
Things get textual, huh? Mr Wrong Number is SO going on my tbr this year! (And a couple of others too!)
I think it’s going to be a fun one. 🙂