Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Top Ten Tuesday has been one of my favorite memes ever since I started blogging, so huge thanks to Jana for taking over the hosting duties!
This week’s TTT topic is Animals from Books (these could be mythical, real, main characters, sidekicks, companions/pets, shifters, etc.). I couldn’t think of ten animals that fit into any of those suggested categories so I just split mine into Recent Favorite and Childhood Favorites and they are a hodge podge of all the suggested categories.
* * * * *
10 of My Favorite Animals from Books
1. BEEFCAKE from CRAZY STUPID BROMANCE by Lyssa Kay Adams
Beefcake is a spotlight-stealing fat cat. If you want to date Alexis, you better hope Beefcake likes you.
2. BIEBER the Golden Retriever from SIMON VS. THE HOMO SAPIENS AGENDA by Becky Albertalli
Bieber is a golden retriever who reminds me of my dog, Winston. Enough said. 🙂
3. BUCKBEAK & HEDWIG from the HARRY POTTER series by She Who Shall Not Be Named
I kind of cheated here and did a two-fer because I couldn’t decide between Harry’s snowy owl, Hedwig, and Hagrid’s beloved hippogriff, Buckbeak.
4. GATZ from JOINT CUSTODY by Lauren Baratz-Logsted & Jackie Logsted
I just can’t resist a matchmaking dog who is determined to get his owners back together.
5. SHIT TURD THE CROW & DENNIS THE DOG from HOLLOW KINGDOM by Kira Jane Buxton
This might be the most creative use of animals in a book as Shit Turd the Crow and his loyal companion,
Dennis the Dog, set out to save the world from a zombie apocalypse.
6. ASLAN, the Great Lion, from THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA by C. S. Lewis
Oh how I adored this lion when I was a child.
7. BUNNICULA the Vampire Bunny, from BUNNICULA by Deborah Howe & James Howe
I just thought the whole concept of a vampire bunny was hilarious when I was a kid.
8. CHARLOTTE from CHARLOTTE’S WEB by E. B. White
I hate spiders now, but Charlotte was just such a special character.
Wilbur the pig was cool too but I was all about Charlotee and her wisdom.
9. MAX the Dog from HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS by Dr. Seuss
I love this adorable little scene stealer. He’s even more of a favorite of mine in the animated version.
10. POOH & FRIENDS, especially EEYORE, from WINNIE-THE-POOH by A. A. Milne
My all-time favorite animals. I was especially attached to Eeyore but I loved them all.
* * * * * *