Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Top Ten Tuesday has been one of my favorite memes ever since I started blogging, so huge thanks to Jana for taking over the hosting duties!
This week’s TTT topic is Ten Characters That Remind Me of Myself. At first I thought this topic was going to be easy, but then the more I thought about it, the harder it got. Even with the ten characters I finally settled on, I couldn’t decide with most of them if they were really like me or if they are more who I hope I’m like or who I aspire to be like. I clearly don’t know myself as well as I thought I did, haha.
* * * * *
10 Characters That Remind Me of Myself
- MOLLY WEASLEY (Harry Potter series). I picked Mrs. Weasley because she is such a Mama Bear. You mess with her kids and you will face her full wrath. I know I feel the same way when someone messes with my child, so I’d like to think I’ve got some of that Weasley Mama Bear instinct in me.
- HERMIONE GRANGER (also Harry Potter series). In many ways, I’m not at all like Hermione because she’s a total badass and I’m the exact opposite. But where she does remind me of myself is with her love of learning and her love of reading and of course, the library.
- CATH AVERY (Fangirl) I fell in love with Fangirl specifically because I saw myself in Cath so much. That whole socially awkward, introverted writer-type is so me.
- FITZWILLIAM DARCY (Pride and Prejudice). I definitely see myself in Mr. Darcy. I can be painfully shy around new people, which people tend to mistake for me being aloof and therefore unlikable. Like Mr. Darcy though, once you get to know me, you’ll realize I’m not so awful after all (well, hopefully anyway, lol).
- ELIZABETH BENNETT (also Pride and Prejudice). Is it weird to see myself in both of the main characters from the same book? I don’t know. Regardless though, I also see myself in Elizabeth Bennett with that stubborn streak she exhibits when it comes to Mr. Darcy, whom she thinks is looking down on her and her family. I can be stubborn as a mule as well.
- SCOUT FINCH (To Kill a Mockingbird) Scout is probably one of those characters that I wish I was more like than I really am, but her sense of curiosity and her intense desire to make sense of the things she sees happening around her has always reminded me of myself.
- FELICITY MONTAGUE (The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue) Like Hermione, Felicity is way more of a badass than I could ever hope to be, but her passion to pursue what matters to her at all costs and her belief that her gender should in no way hold her back, reminds me a bit of myself and my path to college and beyond.
- JANE EYRE (from Jane Eyre) I selected Jane because she’s stubborn and independent, and because she was a teacher, all things that remind me of myself.
- JO MARCH (Little Women). I think Jo is another of those characters that I’m somewhat similar to but wish I was more like. I selected Jo because she’s so devoted to her family and would do absolutely anything for them. Plus, she’s a writer.
- EEYORE (from Winnie the Pooh) Eeyore was always my childhood favorite and I’m sure it’s because he reminded me of myself. I can definitely be gloomy and pessimistic at times.
* * * * *
Who are some fictional characters that remind you of yourself?