Even though I’m already taking part in a backlist challenge, I had a poor showing in February and only finished 3 of my backlisted books. I decided to take part in the March 2018 Take Control of Your TBR Pile Challenge, hosted by Kimberly at Caffeinated Reviewer because I think it will be a great way to jumpstart my backlist reading again.
The rules are simple: for the entire month of March, you focus on reading/listening to books in your TBR pile released before March 1, 2018. They can be eBooks, physical books or audiobooks. Let’s clean off those shelves and finish those series and trilogies!
- Link-up! This is open to everyone. If you do not have a blog then link a shelf entitled Take Control 2018 from your Goodreads account. It is a good idea to friend me if your shelves are private.
- Create a Goals/Updates/Results post (can be combined) It can also be a shelf created on Goodreads. Be sure to friend Kimberly so she can see it.
- Begins midnight March 1st, 2018 and ends March 31, 2018, at 11:59 pm.
- Read/listen to books from your TBR pile.
- ALL books/audios must have been published before March 1, 2018. I don’t care where you got them, so old ARCS count.
- Post a review to Goodreads, or your blog then add the URL link it to the Rafflecopter for an entry. ( These can be a mini review. Just one or two sentences)
- You can combine events, challenges etc.
- Page count must be over 100 pages to qualify.
- The rafflecopter will only allow you to enter up to two books daily, so update as soon as you finish a book.
- Use hashtag #TakeControlTBR
- Twitter Party March 11th @ 2:30 pm (CST) Come chat about books you have read and win prizes.
- Earn extra entries for participating in the Twitter Party
- Rafflecopter will close on April 2, 2018, at midnight and a winner will be chosen within 72 hours. Open internationally as long as Book Depository ships to you. Prize: New 2018 release valued at up to 20 US dollars or 1 Audiobook Credit from Audiobooks.com. I will do pre-orders as well. (may request eBook copy from Amazon or B&N)
TENTATIVE READING LIST
I hope I’m not being over ambitious, but I’m setting a goal of 10 backlist books to read this month. I’ve come up with a tentative reading list, but this is subject to change since I’m such a mood reader. As of this moment, I’m in the mood to read the following titles, all published prior to March 1, 2018, per the rules:
- Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
- Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
- Tarnished City by Vic James
- Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
- Golden Son by Pierce Brown
- Nemesis by Anna Banks
- The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher
- Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
- Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
Wishing the best of luck to all who are taking part in the challenge! Let’s take control of those TBRs!