March Take Control of Your TBR Pile Challenge Sign Up & Goals Post
Even though I’m already taking part in a backlist challenge, I had a poor showing in February and only finished 3 of my backlisted books. I decided to take part in the March 2018 Take Control of Your TBR Pile Challenge, hosted by Kimberly at Caffeinated Reviewer because I think it will be a great way to jumpstart my backlist reading again.
The rules are simple: for the entire month of March, you focus on reading/listening to books in your TBR pile released before March 1, 2018. They can be eBooks, physical books or audiobooks. Let’s clean off those shelves and finish those series and trilogies!
- Link-up! This is open to everyone. If you do not have a blog then link a shelf entitled Take Control 2018 from your Goodreads account. It is a good idea to friend me if your shelves are private.
- Create a Goals/Updates/Results post (can be combined) It can also be a shelf created on Goodreads. Be sure to friend Kimberly so she can see it.
- Begins midnight March 1st, 2018 and ends March 31, 2018, at 11:59 pm.
- Read/listen to books from your TBR pile.
- ALL books/audios must have been published before March 1, 2018. I don’t care where you got them, so old ARCS count.
- Post a review to Goodreads, or your blog then add the URL link it to the Rafflecopter for an entry. ( These can be a mini review. Just one or two sentences)
- You can combine events, challenges etc.
- Page count must be over 100 pages to qualify.
- The rafflecopter will only allow you to enter up to two books daily, so update as soon as you finish a book.
- Use hashtag #TakeControlTBR
- Twitter Party March 11th @ 2:30 pm (CST) Come chat about books you have read and win prizes.
- Earn extra entries for participating in the Twitter Party
- Rafflecopter will close on April 2, 2018, at midnight and a winner will be chosen within 72 hours. Open internationally as long as Book Depository ships to you. Prize: New 2018 release valued at up to 20 US dollars or 1 Audiobook Credit from Audiobooks.com. I will do pre-orders as well. (may request eBook copy from Amazon or B&N)
TENTATIVE READING LIST
I hope I’m not being over ambitious, but I’m setting a goal of 10 backlist books to read this month. I’ve come up with a tentative reading list, but this is subject to change since I’m such a mood reader. As of this moment, I’m in the mood to read the following titles, all published prior to March 1, 2018, per the rules:
- Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
- Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
- Tarnished City by Vic James
- Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
- Golden Son by Pierce Brown
- Nemesis by Anna Banks
- The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher
- Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
- Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
Wishing the best of luck to all who are taking part in the challenge! Let’s take control of those TBRs!
This sounds great – but I’m rubbish at keeping up with challenges:(. Best of luck with everyone who takes part.
Thanks! I’m hit and miss when it comes to challenges too so we’ll see how it goes!
Good luck with the challenge! I’ve been seeing this one around a lot this week. Hope you love Dark Matter!
Thanks! I just hope I actually get to it this time. I keep putting on my tentative reading lists and then getting distracted by other books, lol.
oh I should read Golden Son too so we can chat and hopefully fangilr about it together 🙂 I have been postponing it for so long since I’m in a mini sci-fi slump 🙁 Good luck with the challenge Suzzane!
That one has been sitting on my shelf for at least a year now. I had actually forgotten about the series until I saw people reviewing the 4th book, lol.
Good luck with the challenge Suzanne. I thought about participating, but I’m horrible when it comes to challenges.
I read Nemesis, and liked it. It was really different for Banks. I need to read the sequel though. I heard Ove was wonderful! I read a different Backman books, Britt-Marie, and I loved it. He is a beautiful storyteller. Good luck with your backlist. I did awesome in Jan, but not so great this month. I have way too many review books for March.
Same here. I’ve managed to get all but 2 of my March review books read and reviewed now, so I’m really hoping to work hard on that backlist in March. Fingers crossed!
Have fun! I’m doing this one too. I’m aiming to read at least two from my stack. I read Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie many years ago and I really enjoyed it.
Good luck! I’m also partcipating in the Beat the Backlist challenge but sounds great too! I still need to read Golden Son and Dark Matter too! I hope you’ll enjoy all the books you picked! Have a wonderful weekend!
Thanks, you too!