Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Top Ten Tuesday has been one of my favorite memes ever since I started blogging, so huge thanks to Jana for taking over the hosting duties!
This week’s TTT topic is Reasons Why I’m Thankful for Books. This is a great topic for this week since we’ll be celebrating Thanksgiving here in the U.S. later this week.
Reasons Why I’m Thankful for Books
1. Books provide me with the ultimate escape when reality is just too much to deal with. I think they saved my mental health during the pandemic.
2. Books have led this introvert to find her people in the online bookish community. I’m so thankful for all of you!
3. Audiobooks have given me a way to make even the most mundane tasks like driving and folding laundry less tedious.
4. Because of books, we have libraries, which are one of the greatest community resources we have.
5. Along similar lines, because of books, we have bookstores, which are my favorite places to quietly browse when I’m out and about and decide I need some downtime.
6. Books of all genres always give me food for thought, which I think is so important. Sometimes they reaffirm something I already believe, but often times, they challenge me to think about something in a different way.
7. Books appeal to my sense of wanderlust and allow me to travel to places I’ll probably never make it to in my real life.
8. Even though books provide me great comfort, they have also led me to expand my horizons technologically speaking, in terms of creating this blog and constant troubleshooting it, starting a bookstagram account, etc. I never could have imagined myself doing any of that if not for my intense love of books.
9. Books teach me so much. I read a lot of historical fiction and I love that I’m always learning new things about historical events that I thought I was pretty well-schooled in.
10. I’m speaking mainly of my own community here, but I love when people are passionate enough about books that when someone in a position of authority advocates the banning and burning of books, they can band together and vote that person out of office.
* * * * * *