Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Top Ten Tuesday has been one of my favorite memes ever since I started blogging, so huge thanks to Jana for taking over the hosting duties!
This week’s TTT topic is actually supposed to be about secondary characters who deserve their own book, but I completely blanked out on that and decided to go rogue. Instead, I’m continuing last week’s topic and sharing more of the books I’m hoping to read this fall. Last week I shared all new and upcoming releases so this week I’m going to share ten of the books I’ve owned for a while and need to read.
Books I Own That are on My Fall 2023 TBR
1. YOU SHOULD SMILE MORE by Anastasia Ryan – “When Vanessa Blair is fired because of her “resting bitch face,” her friends help her launch a revenge plan that’ll bring down the whole company.”
2. BLOODMARKED by Tracy Deonn – I had DNF’ed Legendborn, the first book in this King Arthur retelling, during the pandemic but recently revisited it and loved it, so I’m looking forward to reading the next book as soon as possible.
3. HIS & HERS by Alice Feeney – “There are two sides to every story: yours and mine, ours and theirs, His & Hers. Which means someone is always lying.”
4. DIVINE RIVALS by Rebecca Ross – “When two young rival journalists find love through a magical connection, they must face the depths of hell, in a war among gods, to seal their fate forever.“
5. BY A THREAD by Lucy Score – “A steamy, swoony workplace romantic comedy with a grumpy boss hero determined to save the day and a plucky heroine who is starting to wonder if there might actually be a beating heart just beneath her boss’s sexy vests.”
6. POWERLESS by Elsie Silver – “Two childhood friends. Two broken hearts. One impromptu road trip to get away from everything. That’s all this was supposed to be. Afterall, I’ve been living in the friend zone for years now. But hockey heartthrob Jasper Gervais isn’t looking at me like a friend anymore. And he isn’t touching me like one either.”
7. THE HOUSEMAID’S SECRET by Freida McFadden – I recently read and loved The Housemaid so I can’t wait to read more from this author.
8. GREENWICH PARK by Katherine Faulkner – “When Rachel threatens to expose a past crime that could destroy all of their lives, it becomes clear that there are more than a few secrets laying beneath the broad-leaved trees and warm lamplight of Greenwich Park.”
9. SOMEONE ELSE’S SHOES by Jojo Moyes – “A story of mix-ups, mess-ups and making the most of second chances, this is the new novel from #1 New York Times bestselling author Jojo Moyes, author of Me Before You and The Giver of Stars.”
10. THE LIGHT WE CARRY by Michelle Obama – “In an inspiring follow-up to her critically acclaimed, #1 bestselling memoir Becoming, former First Lady Michelle Obama shares practical wisdom and powerful strategies for staying hopeful and balanced in today’s highly uncertain world.” My goal to read one nonfiction book a month has been an absolute fail in 2023, but this is one I definitely want to read before the end of the year.
* * * * * *