Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Top Ten Tuesday has been one of my favorite memes ever since I started blogging, so huge thanks to Jana for taking over the hosting duties!
This week’s TTT topic is Books on My Summer 2021 TBR. I enjoy this topic because I’m always curious to see what my fellow book bloggers are planning to read next. I am still on my quest to read more of the books I already own, so today I’m sharing 5 of the ARCs I’m planning to read this summer as well as 5 older books that are sitting on my shelf begging me to pay attention to them.
Books on My Summer 2021 TBR
1. DIAL A FOR AUNTIES by Jesse Q. Sutanto – “A hilariously quirky novel that is equal parts murder mystery, rom-com, and a celebration of mothers and daughters as well as a deep dive into Chinese-Indonesian culture, by debut author Jesse Q. Sutanto.
1 (accidental) murder
2 thousand wedding guests
3 (maybe) cursed generations
4 meddling Asian aunties to the rescue!”
2. ISN’T IT BROMANTIC? by Lyssa Kay Adams – The Russian finally gets his own book! This is one of my most anticipated reads of the year.
3. WHILE WE WERE DATING by Jasmine Guillory – “Two people realize that it’s no longer an act when they veer off-script in this sizzling romantic comedy by New York Times bestselling author Jasmine Guillory.”
4. THE FOUR WINDS by Kristin Hannah – ” From the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Nightingale and The Great Alone comes an epic novel of love and heroism and hope, set against the backdrop of one of America’s most defining eras—the Great Depression.”
5. THE HEART PRINCIPLE by Helen Hoang – ” A woman struggling with burnout learns to embrace the unexpected—and the man she enlists to help her—in this heartfelt new romance by USA Today bestselling author Helen Hoang.”
6. HOUSE OF EARTH AND BLOOD by Sarah J. Maas – “With unforgettable characters, sizzling romance, and page-turning suspense, this richly inventive new fantasy series by #1 New York Times bestselling author Sarah J. Maas delves into the heartache of loss, the price of freedom—and the power of love.”
7. RULE OF WOLVES by Leigh Bardugo – “The wolves are circling and a young king will face his greatest challenge in the explosive finale of the instant #1 New York Times-bestselling King of Scars Duology.”
8. IT HAPPENED ONE SUMMER by Tessa Bailey – “Tessa Bailey is back with a Schitt’s Creek-inspired rom-com about a Hollywood “It Girl” who is cut off from her wealthy family and exiled to a small Pacific Northwest beach town… where she butts heads with a surly, sexy local who thinks she doesn’t belong.”
9. TO SIR, WITH LOVE by Lauren Layne – “Love Is Blind meets You’ve Got Mail in this laugh-out-loud romantic comedy following two thirty-somethings who meet on a blind dating app—only to realize that their online chemistry is nothing compared to their offline rivalry.”
10. WILD AT HEART by K.A. Tucker – “From the internationally best-selling author of The Simple Wild comes the continuation of a woman’s journey to Alaska and a life she never imagined for herself.”
* * * * * *