Top Ten Tuesday – Purple is My Passion: Top 10 Books with My Favorite Color on the Cover

Created at canva.com

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.  Top Ten Tuesday has been one of my favorite memes ever since I started blogging, so huge thanks to Jana for taking over the hosting duties!

This week’s TTT topic is Books With My Favorite Color On the Cover (or In the Title).  Okay, so I have a thing for purple.  Dark purple, lilac, lavendar, grape, you name it, I love it.  And I have ever since I was a little girl.  I don’t know what it is about the color, but I’ve just always been drawn to it and it just makes me happy whenever I see it.  And oh yes, boy does it carry over into my books! I’m most likely to be drawn to a book I wouldn’t normally pick up if the cover has plenty of purple in it.  I’ve found a few new favorites that way and yes, I’ve picked up a few duds that way too, lol.  And what an easy color to find 10 books for.  All I had to do was turn around and stare at my shelves a couple of minutes for most of them, although Muse of Nightmares isn’t out yet. I’m just already in love with that cover and couldn’t resist adding it to my collage of purple goodness.

* * * * *

Purple is My Passion: Top 10 Books with My Favorite Color on the Cover

THE COLOR PURPLE by Alice Walker

AND I DARKEN by Kiersten White

SHADOW AND BONE by Leigh Bardugo

GEEKERELLA by Ashley Poston

MUSE OF NIGHTMARES by Laini Taylor

WICKED LIKE A WILDFIRE by Lana Popović

RED WINTER by Annette Marie

DAUGHTER OF THE BURNING CITY by Amanda Foody

JAZZ by Toni Morrison

HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN by J.K. Rowling

* * * * *

Question:  Do you have any favorite purple covers?  If not, what’s your favorite color and does it entice you to pick up books you might normally not give a second look to?

46 replies
  1. Myrth
    Myrth says:

OMG we are color sisters! I love love love purple (and varying shades).💜💜💜 I unconciously always buy purple stuff (or maybe not..hehe

Also love the books you picked.😍 I wish I could have done this Top 10 post too. Wish I didn’t have too much adulting to do. 😥

• Suzanne
      Suzanne says:

Haha, same here. Looking around me right now, it’s almost amazing how many purple items are just sitting on my desk and in my office. 🙂

2. Greg
    Greg says:

I love a good purple cover! Daughter of the Burning City is awesome, and I like Muse of Nightmares and Geekerella a lot too.

3. Sam@WLABB
    Sam@WLABB says:

It is purple for the win this week! And I award you double points for The Color Purple – name and cover, and also an amazing book. Wicked Like a Wildfire is a favorite cover of mine (and I am also a fan of the series).

• Suzanne
      Suzanne says:

Me too. I hadn’t seen that one before I started looking for purple covers either. Kind of want to see what the other alternate covers look like now 🙂

4. Jordan Rose
    Jordan Rose says:

I’ve always felt like purple covers always stand out because of how rarely I see the color used and how gorgeous it is. I’m particularly fond of those super deep, striking purples, so I have to say that Jazz, Muse of Nightmare (so excited for!), and that Harry Potter cover particularly entice me. Great choices!

• Suzanne
      Suzanne says:

Right? I hadn’t seen that alternate Harry Potter cover until I went looking for purple covers. I want to see what the alternate covers look like now. 🙂

5. sjhigbee
    sjhigbee says:

Ooo… what a fabulous selection of covers – they look wonderful together… My favourites are Shadow and Bone and Daughter of a Burning City – but there isn’t a dud amongst this lot:))

6. Olivia
    Olivia says:

OMG those covers. I love purple too and I want to read all of these just so I can put them on my shelf! My favourite is Red Winter and I remember I requested an ARC because of the cover!

7. Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!
    Genni @ Ready, Set, Read! says:

These covers are stunning! Purple is one of my favorite colors as well! Whenever I’m shopping and see something purple, I am instantly drawn to it. :DI really love the covers for Geekerella, Jazz, and Wicked Like Wildfire!

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!