Sunshine Blogger Award
Thanks so much to INSPIRATION PIE for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I wasn’t familiar with this blogger award so it really made my day that you thought to nominate me once I learned more about it. 🙂 And if you haven’t visited Inspiration Pie, be sure to check it out. It’s filled with wonderful reviews, lovely photographs, and much more.
WHAT IS THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
MY QUESTIONS FROM INSPIRATION PIE:
- What is your ideal vacation? I love to be entertained as much as possible when I go on vacation so my ideal vacation is a city where I have nearly unlimited choices for entertainment – concerts, plays, musicals, museums, etc. My favorite vacations thus far have been to New York City, London, Paris, and Rome. So much to do and see!
- What do you love about yourself? Oh, that’s a tough question because I am my own harshest critic. I guess I’d have to say what I probably love most is that people feel like they can rely on me. If I say I’m going to do something, I’ll always follow through.
- What do you wish you could change about yourself? I wish I was more outgoing and less socially awkward.
- What book are you reading now? Final Girls by Riley Sager. It comes out on July 11th so I’m trying to get an ARC read and reviewed before then.
- What keeps you blogging? Well, books and reading are a lifelong passion of mine, so I love being able to use my blog to share my thoughts on what I’m reading. I also love the book blogging community. It’s fun to belong to a community that shares my passion for books.
- You are having a relaxing evening. What are you doing? It almost always involves reading. Either I’m reading something that I want to read or else I’m reading a book with my son, who loves to be read to.
- Do you have pets? Yes, I have a black cat named Ninja.
- Favourite pizza toppings? BBO Chicken, savory BBQ sauce (instead of the traditonal mariana pizza sauce), then top it off with bacon and onions. I could eat the whole pizza by myself!
- Coffee, tea or wine or other? I’m a big coffee drinker, but I do love a nice cup of tea from time to time. I’m also a big wine drinker and love going to wine tastings with my mom and sister. They make for great girls’ day out activities!
- What is your favourite season? I’ve always loved autumn. I don’t know if it’s because my birthday is in October or what, but autumn has always felt magical to me. All of the beautiful colors in nature as the leaves start changing, it’s just pure perfection to me.
- What is your favourite book genre? That’s another tough question because I love to read across genres as much as possible. I’d say my all-time favorite is probably historical fiction with YA fantasy as a close second.
MY QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
- If you were given a $50 gift card to your local bookstore, what books would you buy?
- What do you wish you could change about yourself?
- If you could meet any character from any book you’ve read, who would you want to meet and why?
- What made you decide to start blogging?
- What fictional character (books, TV, or film) is most like you? In what ways?
- What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?
- What makes you happy?
- If you had to describe yourself in one word, what word would you choose?
- Are you a dog person or a cat person?
- What is your all-time favorite book?
*I understand that not everyone chooses to be a part of the award nomination process. By nominating the following 11 blogs, I am able to show thanks and appreciation for the joy these individuals have brought to my life. If you choose to take part, that is fantastic! If not, no worries! Just keep writing…♥
Thank you for mentioning me. I don’t usually do tags (I can never think about interesting answers). But thank you so much. I love your blog as well as your warm personality.
You’re welcome! And thank you so much for your kind words 🙂
Aw, thanks for the nomination! I’ll have to try and do this. It’s fun getting to know more about bloggers. I love visiting NYC and I’ve been to London once – it was pretty much a lifetime dream- and I SO want go again.
Yes, I really want to go back to London some day too. Even though I saw so much while I was there the first time, I feel like there’s still so much more I want to see.
Congrats on the award! And thanks for nominating me! This one should be fun. Love your answers! Ninja is an awesome name for a cat. And I love going to a city I’ve never been to on vacation, I tend to like to go and see a lot of things.
Couldn’t agree more about reasons for blogging. And autumn is an awesome time of year, with the changing leaves and cool breezes.
Sounds like a yummy pizza too, I don’t think I’ve ever had BBQ chicken on a pizza but it sounds kinda good? And the rest of your toppings… yum!
Thanks! I look forward to reading your answers. It’s always fun to get to know a little about the bloggers I follow 🙂
I don’t know if they still have it anymore but Domino’s used to have a specialty pizza called the Memphis BBQ pizza that had all of these toppings on it. It was so good that I could have eaten an entire pizza by myself, lol.
Ooh that sounds good! I could eat pizza every day, seriously. when I was a teen my dad took me to this place and I ate a whole pizza by myself- him and my uncle got their own w/ different toppings- and they just laughed. Teenage metabolism you know. 🙂 If I did that now I would die lol.
Haha! I’m pretty sure I would die if I tried that now too.
Thank you for nominating me!
I always love reading your blog, we have so much in common! Autumn is my favorite season, too, and I wish I was less socially awkward as well! I was at a family gathering yesterday and I just hung around in the background, taking pictures!
You’re welcome! I look forward to reading your answers. That sounds like something I would do at a family gathering. In fact, it is pretty much what I did yesterday at my uncle’s 4th of July party, haha.
Great answers, Suzanne 🙂 I love travelling to big cities too. We went to London 2 years ago, but we also spent 5 days in Glastonbury. It was amazing…it wasn’t a city by any stretch but it has such a great old world vibe. My husband was worried the kids would be bored but they loved it there more than London!
Oh, that sounds wonderful. I mainly just stayed in the city when I went the first time, but I’d love to go back some day and visit Glastonbury and/or Bath.
Ooh bacon on a pizza is DELICIOUS. And I really love autumn too! Although I think I prefer summer or winter the most because I like temperatures that are solidly hot or cold. Otherwise I’m liking taking a jacket on and off all day.😭😂 And I think being reliable is awesome and definitely something to be proud of yourself for. 😉
Yay for finding someone else who is a fan of bacon on pizza! Awww, thanks! Sometimes I feel like saying I’m reliable makes me sound terribly boring, but even so, I still like that people don’t think I’m going to let them down.
Oh hey that’s me up there! Thank you Suzanne!! (Apologies if this is a doubled up comment, I don’t know what just happened with my comment!)
You’re welcome 🙂
There’s me! 🙂 I saw Greg do the tag and thought your questions looked great so I’m glad you tagged me too! 🙂
Ooh – you’ve made city vacations sound super amazing…
It’s awesome to be reliable – what a great quality
I’m sorry you feel socially awkward although blogging is a great outlet, right?
The book blogging community is an awesome one, right? I love our little corner of the Internet.
I love reading to my kid too although lately we’re having bedtime struggles with timing, so her punishment for being late is not getting her book. 🙁
MAN! Pizza! I’m hungry.
Coffee and Wine. Sounds good to me. Maybe add chocolate. 🙂
Glad to see YA fantasy high up there!
Loved reading your answers and again, thanks for tagging me. I’ll definitely be doing this one. 🙂
Oh yay, can’t wait to read your answers!
I have the same struggle with my son sometimes with the bedtime reading. He has been fighting me on going to sleep early enough to have time to read and then gets mad when I tell him it’s too late for a book. Oh yes, to adding in some chocolate. I’m a true chocoholic! 🙂