The Versatile Blogger Award Tag
I have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award. It took me so long to complete the tag that I actually ended up nominated by three of my fellow bloggers, so huge thanks to A Blog Of One’s Own, Pages Bound Together, and Swooning Over Fictional Men for the nominations! 🙂
Rules of the Tag:
-Show the award on your blog
-Thank the person who has nominated you
-Share 7 different facts about you
-Nominate 15 different blogs of your choice
-Link your nominees and let them know of your nomination
7 Facts About Me:
1. I’ve lived in the state of Virginia all my life. Sometimes I think about moving elsewhere, but ultimately I really like the moderate climate and the proximity to both the ocean and the mountains.
2. One of my favorite hobbies aside from reading is wine tasting. We have over 250 wineries here in Virginia and lots of wine trails, so I love to do girls’ weekends with my mom and sister and go and sample as many of the local wines as we can. This past summer I enjoyed frozen wine slushies for the first time and became completely obsessed with them. Sooo good!
3. Another hobby of mine is photography. I’m more into travel photography than anything else — I took well over 1,000 pics when I went to Europe last summer! Even though I love photography, however, I haven’t tried Bookstagram yet and don’t know if I ever will. I can’t decide if it’s my thing or not. Sometimes it’s all I can do to get my books read and reviewed, so I fear that adding in another component to keep track of would be too much for me. I do enjoy other bloggers’ photography though 🙂
4. I have quite an obsession with all things Disney. It started with Eeyore when I was a small child, but I honestly really can’t think of a single Disney movie or character that I don’t love. Even the Disney villains are awesome!
5. I’m not a morning person, but I’m not really a night owl either. I guess I’m more of a mid-afternoon/early evening kind of gal, haha. Mornings are the worst for me though. Seriously. Don’t even think about speaking to me until I’ve had my coffee. You’re taking your life into your own hands otherwise 😉
6. I’m a huge sports fan. I love football, baseball, and soccer. When it comes to professional sports, in football I root for the Carolina Panthers and the Baltimore Ravens and in baseball, I root for the Baltimore Orioles and the Washington Nationals. For soccer, although I do enjoy watching the English Premier League teams play, I primarily just root for my son’s soccer team 🙂
7. I want to live a healthy lifestyle but have a hard time committing to any kind of diet or exercise routine that would help me to achieve this goal. I’m constantly disappointed and frustrated by myself in this regard.
(If you haven’t already done it)
1. Angela at Musings of a Literary Wanderer
2. Grace at Rebel Mommy Book Blog
3. Verushka at pop.edit.lit
4. Greg at Book Haven
5. Eva at All Books Considered
6. Lindsey at Lindsey Reads
7. Megan at Bookslayer Reads
8. Melissa at Book Nerd Momo
9. Resh at The Book Satchel
10. Katie at Girl About Library
11. Olivia at The Candid Cover
12. Jordan at Forever Lost in Literature
13. Diana at A Haven for Book Lovers
14. Loreen at Coffee and Cats
15. Alisia at 4thhouseontheleft
I try to Bookstagram but I don’t really feel the passion for it. I do like to take pictures of my daughter reading, because I love that she loves it too. I also like to geek out over new book purchases, so sometimes I put those on my Instagram. 🙂
That sounds like what I would probably do with Bookstagram as well. I don’t know that I can see myself devoting the time and effort it takes to stage the books as beautifully as many of the bookstagramers do. I’m more of a point and shoot at my latest book haul and move on to reading them immediately kind of girl, haha. I’m with you though on snapping photos of my son reading. If he inherits nothing else from me, I’ll be thrilled to know he inherited my love of reading.
Thank you for the nomination. Loved knowing you a bit better. 🙂 I think you should start a photography page on Instagram, if not a Bookstagram. You seem to be very interested in it.
Thanks! I do have an instagram, but I mainly just use it for travel pics and for pics of my son and pets. Nothing very artistic, haha.
We have so much in common! I’ve lived in the same state all my life, and I love photography! I’m always lagging behind my husband anywhere we go because I stop so much to take pictures. And I’ve loved Disney my whole life. We’ve been to Disney World twice in the past few years, and I’m always saying we should go again.
Wow, we really do! I love Disney so much. It has actually been a few years since we’ve been though — we’re waiting for all of the Star Wars Land attractions to be built since family is full of Star Wars nuts, myself included 🙂
I do like posts like these because it’s fun getting to know more about the bloggers whose reviews you are reading! I have a difficult time with eating healthy and exercising too. It’s just difficult to find something that really works for you. I’ve always lived in KY and I think I’ll always live here. I don’t mind visiting other places, but this is home for me. 🙂
Oh and KY is so beautiful too so I can definitely understand wanting to stay there 🙂
oooh, thank you! I think it might be a bit before I can do this tag, but I will do my best! And I would not have pegged you as such a big sports fan! (your son is all sorts of adorablle!)
The sports thing seems to always surprise people, although those who know me laugh because even though I’m yelling and screaming at the TV cheering on my favorite teams, I also have a book in my hands multi-tasking, haha! Can’t wait to read your facts 🙂