20 Bookish Quotes All Bookworms Will Relate To
I don’t know about you, but I love to read quotes from famous people. It’s amazing to me how truly quotable some people are – they just have a gift for summing up what I’m thinking or feeling, but in a way that is so much more eloquent than I could ever hope to express myself. And being a bookworm, those quotes that I am the most passionate about are those that involve books and reading, and especially those from my favorite authors. Some day I’m going to redo the walls of my library so that quotes like these literally fill any space that isn’t covered with books.
20 Books Quotes All Bookworms Will Relate to
1. A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. – Neil Gaiman
2. You know you’ve read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend. – Paul Sweeney
3. Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore? – Henry Ward Beecher
4. Great books help you understand, and they help you feel understood. – John Green
5. The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you. – W. Somerset Maugham
6. If there is a book that you want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, you must be the one to write it. – Toni Morrison
7. I cannot live without books. – Thomas Jefferson
8. There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island. – Walt Disney
9. Books open your mind, broaden your mind, and strengthen you as nothing else can. – William Feather
10. Be awesome! Be a book nut! –Dr. Seuss
11. You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me. –C.S. Lewis
12. There is no friend as loyal as a book. -Ernest Hemingway
13. Books are a uniquely portable magic. – Stephen King
14. You can find magic
wherever you look.
Sit back and relax,
all you need is a book.
― Dr. Seuss
15. Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him. ― Maya Angelou
16. A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. – Chinese Proverb
17. Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labeled “This could change your life.” – Helen Exley
18. We read in bed because reading is halfway between life and dreaming, our own consciousness in someone else’s mind. – Anna Quindlen
19. If you don’t like to read, you haven’t found the right book. – J.K. Rowling
20. If a book is well written, I always find it too short. – Jane Austen
* * * * * *
So are any of these quotes also favorites of yours or do you have other favorite bookish quotes that I haven’t listed here? I’d love to hear from you!
Love this post. I used to collect quotes by writing them
down. I really should start that again…
Thanks and yes, I do that as well. I have a couple of pages in my journal that are reserved for quotes 🙂