I’ve only been blogging for about six months now and am still firmly in the “Wow, I can’t believe people actually come to my blog!” stage of the game. Needless to say, I was absolutely over the moon when Verushka from Editing Everything told me she was nominating me for a Liebster Award. I never expected to be nominated for anything, and especially not from a blogger that I look up to so much. Seriously, her blog is fabulous so definitely check it out if you haven’t already. Thanks so much to Verushka for nominating me!
Okay, so here we go….
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you, link it to your post and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions that the blog gives you.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think deserve the Liebster Award.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
- Write the rules in your Liebster Award blog post.
- Let the blogs know about your post and that you have nominated them.
1. What are you reading right now and why did you pick it up?
I’m currently reading Cinder, the first book in Marissa Meyers’ The Lunar Chronicles. I got a great deal on this series the last time I attended one of our local book fairs but hadn’t gotten around to reading it yet. I decided to go ahead and make it a Fall TBR priority because I keep hearing my fellow bloggers raving about The Lunar Chronicles.
2. What is your fondest library or bookstore memory?
All of my fondest bookstore and library memories involve my son. I just love taking him to look for new books and seeing him get just as excited as I do about reading. Just like his mom, he will come out of the library loaded down with more books than he could ever possibly hope to read before they’re due. Makes me smile just thinking about it. 🙂
3. What is your favourite genre to read, but what trope in that genre would you be glad never to read again?
It’s hard to pick a favorite, but my reading tastes are very eclectic. I’m going to go with Historical Fiction with Mysteries/Thrillers as a close second. One trend I would love to see less of in all genres are love triangles. I never seem to find them even remotely realistic or natural and they’re just so overused anyway, so love triangles get a “Bye Felicia!” from me.
4. What genre just doesn’t do it for you?
Horror is probably my least favorite genre. Reading is an escape for me so the idea of being frightened the whole time just doesn’t appeal to me. Oddly enough and probably at the opposite end of the spectrum, I’m not really a big fan of romance either.
5. Is book blogging everything you thought it would be?
I’d say book blogging is harder than I thought it would be. There are a lot of moving parts to keep track of so I’m really having to work on my organizational skills to keep up with everything. I do enjoy it though. I love being able to post my thoughts on books and other bookish topics and engage in discussion with fellow book lovers.
6. Which book or movie character do you wish had a blog you could read?
Okay, this is completely random and out of left field, but since you put movies in there, I’m going to say Chewbacca from Star Wars. He’s my favorite character from the movie franchise but since all he does is roar, we can only guess what he’s really trying to say and how he feels in certain situations. I’d love to hear it straight from the Wookiee himself, haha!
7. Do you always read the book before the movie?
Yes, always. I have to read it and see what the author’s intentions were before seeing someone else put their spin on it.
8. Which movie made you way more excited than the book version?
Tough one since I rarely ever think the movie is better than the book. I’ll say Forrest Gump though. If I can add TV shows into the mix, I’d go with Orange is the New Black. I think the TV series is far superior to the book.
9. What country in the world would you like to find a quiet spot in and read a book?
Italy! I visited there for the first time last summer and fell in love with the country. Everything is so beautiful and I think anywhere in Tuscany, in particular, would make for an ideal reading spot.
10. What is the last book that made you laugh out loud?
The B.F.G. by Roald Dahl! I read that aloud with my son recently and we both laughed so hard at the ‘whizz popping’ scenes that we had tears rolling down our faces.
11. If you had one question to ask me, what would it be?
Hmmm, what made you decide to start a blog?
If they haven’t already been nominated by someone else, I’d like to nominate the following wonderful bloggers:
My Questions for my Nominees:
1. What is your favorite childhood book? Was there one in particular that made you fall in love with reading?
2. If you could do an interview for your blog with any author, who would you choose and why?
3. Have you ever hated a book that everyone else loved? If so, which book and what didn’t you like about it?
4. What made you decide to become a book blogger and what have you learned along the way so far?
5. Aside from blogging and reading, what are some of your other hobbies?
6. Who is your least favorite fictional character? What do you dislike about the character?
7. If you could choose to live anywhere else in the world aside from where you are now, where would you choose and why?
8. What is the last book that made you cry?
9. What is your beverage of choice?
10. What are your favorite reads of 2016 so far?
11. What is your favorite movie that was adapted from a book?