Top Ten Tuesday – Top 10 Authors Dads Will Love to Read

top ten tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a fun weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is Father’s Day related Freebie.  This week’s topic was surprisingly hard for me. I thought about doing Top 10 Dads in Literature then couldn’t think of more than about 2 or 3, so I scrapped that idea.  I decided to go with Top 10 Authors Dads Will Love to Read and my selections are based on me picking my husband’s brain since my own dad is not a big reader.  My husband’s tastes run along the lines of action, suspense, mystery, intrigue, and he also really loves political dramas and any stories where you’re following clues to investigate.  He was a huge Hardy Boys fan growing up so I think of most of these authors and their books as the grown up equivalent of the Hardy Boys.

Top 10 Authors Dads Will Love to Read

8. HARLAN COBEN

* * * * *

9. JOHN CONNOLLY – Charlie Parker series

* * * * *

10. DAVID MCCULLOGH – Nonfiction/Historical

* * * * *

Question:  What authors do you consider must-reads for dads?

26 replies
  1. Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads
    Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads says:

Great take on the topic! I don’t know many of these myself, but I think you’re definitely spot on with Dan Brown, Harlan Coben and John Grisham! I think maybe the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series by Stieg Larsson could also be a hit with dads… 🙂

• Suzanne
      Suzanne says:

I actually almost put the Stieg Larsson books on the list too. The only thing that made me stop was when my hubby suggested some nonfiction with David McCullogh.

2. Angela
    Angela says:

These are definitely some great “Dad” authors. My own dad is a Tom Clancy fan, as well as Dan Brown. He’s probably read some John Grisham, too. I don’t think he reads a lot of nonfiction, but if he did, he’d probably like David McCullough.

• Suzanne
      Suzanne says:

I’m not a huge nonfiction fan either but I do like McCullough’s books. They’re well written and he seems to always pick historical figures and events that are already of interest to me.

3. Brandy
    Brandy says:

I really like this list! And I think your suggestions would be perfect for a lot of dads. My dad was a huge fan of nonfiction so he would have liked the David McCullogh suggestions for sure, but maybe I could have convinced him to try John Grisham too.

4. Olivia
    Olivia says:

Great list and sadly I couldn’t get my dad into any genre fiction; he’s a firm literary must have some sort of prize before he reads it guy!

5. Chrystal
    Chrystal says:

Great list. I think my hubby might like Harlan Cohen from this list. His faves are Alex Kava and Dean Koontz. And he reads a lot of biographies and sports related books.

6. Greg
    Greg says:

Tom Clancy and David McCullough- great choices! And I’ll bet Harlan Coben’s stuff is good too. I think the Hardy Boys started a lot of us guys on the mystery path lol.

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!