Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Top Ten Tuesday has been one of my favorite memes ever since I started blogging, so huge thanks to Jana for taking over the hosting duties!
This week’s TTT topic is Books on My Fall 2022 TBR. I always enjoy this topic because I’m curious to see what my fellow book bloggers are planning to read next. I am still on my quest to read more of the books I already own, so today I’m sharing a mix of ARCs and books from my own shelves that I’m hoping to read this fall. The Guncle and Killers of a Certain Age are definite reads because my library holds for the audiobooks both came in this week.
Books on My Fall 2022 TBR
1. THE GUNCLE by Steven Rowley – “From the bestselling author of Lily and the Octopus and The Editor comes a warm and deeply funny novel about a once-famous sitcom star whose unexpected family tragedy leaves him with his niece and nephew.”
2. KILLERS OF A CERTAIN AGE by Deanna Raybourn – “They’ve spent their lives as the deadliest assassins in a clandestine international organization, but now that they’re sixty years old, four women friends can’t just retire – it’s kill or be killed in this action-packed thriller.”
3. RUNNING WILD by K.A. Tucker – “From the internationally bestselling author of The Simple Wild comes the story of a woman at a crossroads in her life, struggling between the safe route and the one that will only lead to more heartbreak.”
4. REMINDERS OF HIM by Colleen Hoover – “A troubled young mother yearns for a shot at redemption in this heartbreaking yet hopeful story from #1 New York Times bestselling author Colleen Hoover.”
5. SPELLS FOR FORGETTING by Adrienne Young – “A deeply atmospheric story about ancestral magic, an unsolved murder, and a second chance at true love.”
6. THE WILDERWOMEN by Ruth Emmie Lang – “Two supernatural sisters uncover their curious past while searching for their missing mother.”
7. BEFORE I DO by Sophie Cousens – “What would you do if ‘the one that got away’ turned up the night before your wedding?”
8. EMPIRE OF THE VAMPIRE by Jay Kristoff – “Gabriel de León is a silversaint: a member of a holy brotherhood dedicated to defending realm and church from the creatures of the night. But even the Silver Order couldn’t stem the tide once daylight failed us, and now, only Gabriel remains. Imprisoned by the very monsters he vowed to destroy, the last silversaint is forced to tell his story. A story of legendary battles and forbidden love, of faith lost and friendships won, of the Wars of the Blood and the Forever King and the quest for humanity’s last remaining hope: The Holy Grail.”
9. WHEN IN ROME by Sarah Adams – “Opposites certainly attract for the stranded pop star and small-town baker in this charming slice of romance from the author of the TikTok sensation The Cheat Sheet.”
10. RUNAWAY GROOMSMAN by Meghan Quinn – “From USA Today and Amazon Charts bestselling author Meghan Quinn comes a heartfelt romantic comedy about new beginnings and finding the romanticized happily ever after in the most unlikely of places.”
* * * * * *