I was encouraged by those at arhaus.com to describe and design my dream reading space. I thought this sounded like a lot of fun so I said I’d be happy to take part. For me, the ideal reading space would be located in a quiet, secluded area of my house so that there isn’t a lot of distracting foot traffic. The furnishings would be simple and I would go for a light and airy look – not quite beachy, but definitely headed in that direction with ocean blues, sandy colors, and a lot of white. I’d want an oversized cozy reading chair, preferably one that allows me to put my feet up, and lots of pillows and a throw blanket (again for the cozy factor). Since I’d be reading all the time in my dream space, I’d also want ample lighting as well as sheer curtains to let in lots of natural light. Endless bookshelves would be a must as well, not just for my books themselves, but also to hold bookish knick knacks, fun bookends, etc. Aside from the books themselves, decorations would be at a minimum, maybe a few literary art prints like the cool Pride and Prejudice one in my mood board below or something similar. Last but not least, I’d finish off the decor with a few of those bookish themed candles that are so popular.
Products used in the mood board:
1. Grand Chaise Oversized Chair from shabbychic.com
2. White Billy Bookcase from ikea.com
3. Blue Printed Pillows from etsy.com
4. Clarence Floor Lamp from arhaus.com
5. Sheer Curtains from potterybarn.com
6. Home is Where the Books Are Art Print from etsy.com
7. Pride and Prejudice Art Print from etsy.com
8. I Read Past My Bedtime Bookends from etsy.com
9. Enchanted Library Jam Jar Candle from etsy.com
So, if you could design your own ideal reading space, what would you include?